Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ME Upper: Floor Press PR

Zander1983

First day back after a four day layoff. Did NOTHING :)

Floor Press
Bar x 10
132 x 5
176 x 3
220 x 3
264 x 3
286 x 1
308 x 1 PR (up 11 pounds)

Barbell Rows
176 x 5 x 3 sets

Close-grip Bench Press
220 x 5 x 3 sets

+ Lots of rotator work

After maxing out on floor press I took it quite easy today. The rows were light and I concentrated on a nice contraction of my lats. The close-grips were relatively heavier, but got them done easily.

The floor press video is quite odd. I lose it a couple of inches off my chest and the bar drifts towards my face, but I recovered and got it up. There's obviously a weakness of some sort, but I think my triceps must have taken over?

Video:
http://members.optushome.com.au/bsanti/vids/FloorPress308x1.WMV

Last edited:
Awesome vid!!!! Thats the first floor press Ive seen. Impressive! That looks real strict. What happens if you miss it? hehe Are those for strengthening the bottom portion of the lift? Seems it eliminates that bounce and makes it strict Nice.

Its not a great example of a floor press because I lose the proper path of the bar.

They strengthen the bottom to mid portion of the lift.

I don't really consider missing it. I guess I could lay the bar down above my neck or something. And to think I was talking about safety in another thread.

Zander1983 said:
Its not a great example of a floor press because I lose the proper path of the bar.

They strengthen the bottom to mid portion of the lift.

I don't really consider missing it. I guess I could lay the bar down above my neck or something. And to think I was talking about safety in another thread.

haha Thats an awesome attitude! Not even considering failure! I like that! One day I will try those haha The bottom of the lift is the weakest for me. Saw your pic on the Train Or Die Forum, Looking thick! Definately improving!! Keep it up bro

And a little spam:

Everyone's welcome Check out the Train or Die Forum run by The Brute http://www.xsorbit4.com/users/trainordie/index.cgi

That's a big PR. I think you need to hit the triceps hard. Maybe 4 boards or rack lockouts. I have the same problem.

good work zander........ but you have a problem.

your not using you legs on bench.

floor press work great because it takes your legs out of the movement. as well as the pause makes it very hard on the bottom portion. but you didnt pause, you did a touch and go, just like your flat bench.

and if you touch and go both floor press and flat bench the same weight, your not getting anything out of your legs.

start working more on your leg drive technique, this will only add more pr's to your already impressive bench.

X

nice vid, and good job bro... you should have someone around though if you do not have a safety... (I can see the post now- TRAPPED UNDER BAR!)

also- I noticed you convert all the kilo to pounds for us... what a considerate bro! (or maybe you realize we americans don't know kilos that well)

Hammer, this will please you... Inclines :)

Exodus, you're right, my benching technique has still got a long way to go. On top of that, I'm short and my bench is relatively high, so I don't get all that much out of my legs. Joker suggested some blocks under my feet but only to the point where it would bring me to a legal competition bench height.

Becoming, very considerate indeed. I can see it now. A 140kg bench and I have people saying "bro, wtf, why are you so weak?" :D As for safety, there's nobody around my house who's going to move that weight off me!

Top Bottom