Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ME Lower - Few vids

JOKER47

Elite Mentor
ME Lower today..AKA, "Volume Deadlift Day".
I've been adding some higher volume at sub-maximal weights in all days lately. Decided to change things up a bit today and do some volume for deadlifts.
(Note to self: Don't make plans to do much for events training after higher volume deadlifting.)

Deadlifts - Full ROM
135x3x5
225x1
315x1
The below lifts are all done as quickly as I can add the weight to the bar.
405x1
415x1
425x1
435x1
445x1
455x1
Here's the 405 and 415 pulls just to give you an idea of the rest periods I was using.
405 and 415 pulls
Winding down now.....
405x3
315x2x5

Reverse-Hypers - Mini-Band
2x10
First set

SLDL - I promised Kingc I would video these this week for him. Any form input is appreciated.
225x2x5
First set
I was pretty spent by this point from the deadlifts. I lost form on the first couple reps of the second set, and had to reset and squeeze out 4 "good" reps. The first set felt pretty good, though. Minimul strain on my lower back, felt a good pull in my glutes and hams.

Events :rolleyes:
750 tirex0
Had it to waist level, and just flat ran out of gas.:(

Bi-cep Band curls - Just to wind down a bit.
3x15 w/mini band - 30 secs rest between sets.

In the future, if I decide to do some volume deadlifting again, I will go straight to events after the deadlifts. Going to go after the tire tomorrow. Normally, Wednesday is my scheduled day off, but I have been planning to add in some GPP that day, so I thought I would start with the tire this week. (Plus, I need to get it out of the way so my wife can park her car in the garage.:D) I had more planned for event training today, but was dead by the time I got to the tire.:(

The higher volume I have been doing lately has had a positive impact on my overall conditioning. Gonna keep at like this for a while longer before going back to primarily heavy singles.

Comments always welcome,
Joker

nice workout man..i like the volume..and thanks for the vid..

on those sldl were ur knees locked...i couldnt tell

Kingc - No problem man.:) No, my knees are slightly bent. But I try and not change the amount of bend in them throughout the lift.

Louden - Thanks man. It gets the job done.:)

Liftbig - Thanks. I'll focus on that more next time around.

CCJ - Yeah, they were. Like I mentioned, sub-maximal weight, just with some higher volume. Of course, even at sub-max, after a while, they start to get heavy...:D

Thanks all,
Joker

Good job man. Those volume dead days take a lot out of you...planning one now:)

On the rev hypers...get your head down. Lock the knees and point your toes down as your feet rise.

B True

b fold the truth said:
Good job man. Those volume dead days take a lot out of you...planning one now:)

On the rev hypers...get your head down. Lock the knees and point your toes down as your feet rise.

B True

Jeez, you're tellin' me.:D

Gotcha on the rev-hypers. Thanks. I swear my legs "felt" like they were straight when I was doing them.....:D
I hate doing them, but that probably means I need to do them more often......:)

Joker

Top Bottom