Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

mc2 5x5 question; do you prefer pullups or chins?

day 2: pullups or chinups?

• pullups - palms away from you

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • chinups - underhand grip, palms towards you

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • chinups - palms facing each other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • alternate them every cycle

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
i do pullups, strictly trying to focus on back.

i feel my bis too much when i do chins.

sometimes i will alternate pullups with a paralell chin up

pullups with weight will grow your back like no other

Guinness5.0 said:
Chins= palms toward you
Pullups= palms away

I always assumed chins were as above but with close grip and pullups were as above but with wide grip. Am I correct or am I missing something?

IMO it's good to do both pullups and chins. Vary yoru grips with both as well. For example, do widegrip pullups sometimes, but also do some hammer grip pullups. Same goes with chins. All in all, both are great for developing your biceps and back.

anotherbutters said:
I always assumed chins were as above but with close grip and pullups were as above but with wide grip. Am I correct or am I missing something?
FWIW it's been recommended to me that the forearms should stay as close to perpendicular to the ground as possible throughout the movement for shoulder health, so that's how I do 'em.

Guinness5.0 said:
FWIW it's been recommended to me that the forearms should stay as close to perpendicular to the ground as possible throughout the movement for shoulder health, so that's how I do 'em.

Ok, but that still allows both wide and narrow grip, depending on whether your upper arms are pointing in front of you or out to the sides.

I'm just curious, because when I do pull ups, I do them wide grip (palms away) and assumed that's what gives you wings.

Top Bottom