Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lying tricep extensions

B

BadboyAl

Hey I just started incorporating more lying tricep extensions in my routine.

I liked dips and would do dips instead of extensions, I have finally relaized like many others that extensions are much better for triceps then dips.

My question is what weight are other people doing on lying ext's, and what is your bench.

I want to get an idea of what type of weight I need to be moving to get a bigger bench..

Sebastian burns of Metal Militia (700+lb bench at under 275lbs) came out and told us that the MM dudes rarely do tri ext exercises any more... too many injuries/tendonitis and too much weight...

they prefer lockouts, boards, and other means of working lockout/tris... (max with bands etc all fall in this catagory)

I am hearing what he is saying...

Becoming said:
Sebastian burns of Metal Militia (700+lb bench at under 275lbs) came out and told us that the MM dudes rarely do tri ext exercises any more... too many injuries/tendonitis and too much weight...

they prefer lockouts, boards, and other means of working lockout/tris... (max with bands etc all fall in this catagory)

I don't do any direct tricep work- ed coan wrote my routine. I do a lot of close grip declines for the triceps, but thats about it.

I dont like decline work,it's like doing half a flat bench.

Becoming, you think you can give me an example of a typical bench day with boards (i dont use a shirt). I would like to see how you set up the board work. If you do a typical MM routine I can just look on there webpage.

hey bro. i do extensions, but i do them with db's. my bench PR is 350, and i do reps of 8 (i do not go to failure) with 45's for 4 sets. on my last ME day, i did maxed out on suspended flat (you gotta have some bands to do them) and then followed them up with some reg. bench with the mini's (i have the bands made by jumpstretch). this really killed my tri's. the majority of it coming from doing the lockout work.

BadboyAl said:
I dont like decline work,it's like doing half a flat bench.

Becoming, you think you can give me an example of a typical bench day with boards (i dont use a shirt). I would like to see how you set up the board work. If you do a typical MM routine I can just look on there webpage.

If I do boards, I do a typical MM routine... I also sub in the band suspended flats or the flat w/bands (heavy) to work lockouts...

See illuminati's bench thread for detail on the things I sub in...

Becoming said:

I too switched to a MM workout and incorporated all the above and my tricep strength exploded.

Parabellum said:
I also like skull crushers to the CHIN with a pinky's on the rings grip.

like a jm press bro? i still do jm presses but with a closer grip than pinky's on the rings. i feel it helps my tri's alot. i also do close grip 5 board presses with the mini bands added for extra lockout tension. i would like to compete in nov and will start incorporating lockouts soon too

Top Bottom