Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lets talk about getting an MBA

I have BS from UCLA and thinking about getting my MBA in a year or so. I have experiance I just need to realize I need to do well on the GMAT etc

but I have heard that an MBA doesnt mean shit unless it is from the top of the top. seems everyone at the top of command has an MBA from a big hairy school.

As a result, the value of your MBA degree is directly related to the prestige of the university and business school which grants it. A recent study of the value of MBA programs concluded that “if you don’t get into a leading business school, the economic value of the degree is really quite limited.” [1] The study examined consultants at McKinsey & Company

Harvard Business School
Stanford Graduate School of Business
MIT Sloan School of Management
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University

I could maybe try stanford...... only dream on that and hope...maybe USC i could try too

Goldman, Sachs & Co really only hires those from strong MBA programs. I would love to work overseas in the Asian market for Goldman Sachs

dead_reggin_storage_fashi said:
I have BS from UCLA and thinking about getting my MBA in a year or so. I have experiance I just need to realize I need to do well on the GMAT etc

but I have heard that an MBA doesnt mean shit unless it is from the top of the top

As a result, the value of your MBA degree is directly related to the prestige of the university and business school which grants it. A recent study of the value of MBA programs concluded that “if you don’t get into a leading business school, the economic value of the degree is really quite limited.” [1] The study examined consultants at McKinsey & Company

Harvard Business School
Stanford Graduate School of Business
MIT Sloan School of Management
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University

I could maybe try stanford...... only dream on that and hope

Goldman, Sachs & Co really only hires those from strong MBA programs. I would love to work overseas in the Asian market for Goldman Sachs

not true. i have a cousin that got hired by them straight out of college after his bachelors. they recruited him wayyyy before that (he interned there for the summer. paid him well, too). they recruit all the freakin 4.0 gpa, top 20 business school kids.

fuck the corporate ladder. make your bread, stack it, and make your money work for you.

an MBA will get you a job with a botique investment firm/bank....but the big dogs, yeah, they all go for the top end schools. such is the bullshit of the corporate world

if the jobs you seek and want to acquire, require an mba - then go for it.

if u just want to get one, then blindly start seeking - don't waste your time.

rat-racers go for mba's, hoping it will translate to more money in their stuck careers. 9/10 it never appears. they continue bieng spreadsheet monkeys working in jobs that don't speicifcally require an mba.

elitists just use the 'mba' paper to create a barrier of entry to higher positions. that's all. you can learn all the mba shit yourself just by reading books for 2 years.

r

Razorguns said:
if the jobs you seek and want to acquire, require an mba - then go for it.

r

eventually that will be the case. I just am startging to read the big hairy companies basically only hire from the top 5 schools. USC aint bad but is not Kelllogg

nimbus said:
i heard the study guides help a lot, but that the classes are a waste of time
I took the gmat stone cold and got 530, which isnt that good but I asked around my uni and knew all i had to get was a 500 or higher since my gpa was stacked.

in today's age an MBA is not a valuable as they were 5 years ago but if that's what you want to do do it, if you have any doubt don't waste your time or money

I am starting my Bachelor of Science at one of the schools u mentioned above and I honestly think that a Master's of Economics in one of those schools is far more useful than an MBA (if u take business school undergrad).

Top Bottom