Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Let's say I want to stop gaining on my legs...

So basically you still want to bodybuild for your upper body? Just look up a powerlifting routine and do that for your lower body. You probably can alternate heavy squats with long rest periods with speed squats.

Oh yes, CCJ, how long should those rest periods be with the triples? 3-5 minutes, I'm guessing? If so, I'll choose 4 as a kind of middle-ground.

5 minutes and you get about complete neural recovery. 3 minutes and you get metabolic recovery. So 4 minutes should be fine. Lifting heavy is more fun than getting the pump. Or soon you'll find out. At least for me it is.

yeah 4-5x3 sounds good. 3-5mins rest

twice a week will gain faster though, lighter in the 2nd session, concentrating more on speed, shorter rest periods - 2mins is fine.
See if you can handle it first with all the other stuff your doing.

You will need to back off every so often though and do lighter loads and higher reps, but keep the volume low, listen to your body

hm.... i dont think it should be that complicated....

1) dont progress your weights
2) dont train till failure

sticking to that... you should be able to do as many sets/reps you want....

Failure doesn't cause growth.

CCJ, could I concentrate on deadlifts for now, and then quads for another 1-2 month period, back to deads for 1-2 months etc.? It's hard to incorporate both with my new split.

I was thinking of 3x3 squats during the week, heavy with 4-5 minute rests, then 10x2 for speed squats later in the week (spread out) with 30 second rests.

Would this work for strenght and explosiveness, while minimizing the size I gain?

sure, try it, that's what's its all about

but I ahve put a lot of size on my legs doing just that :)

so who knows

Top Bottom