Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lagging Lower Half

VooDoo Lady

I *need* to get my legs and bottom caught up to my ripped /muscular upper body ( :D :rolleyes: ) and I'm not really making much progress.....

Can you guys help me with a plan of attack?

At this point I am doing a heavy leg day (deeeeeep squats, ham curls, leg extentions, leg press, standing calves) and I have added walking lunges and calves on a second day.

My diet has been cleaned up for a few weeks now, (cleaned up from my bulking phase)....

I am doing minimal cardio - I am afraid that I am not going to be able to make significant progress with my lower bod w/out cardio.

What can I do differently to start to see some significant progress??

Thanks...
:)

VooDoo Lady said:
I *need* to get my legs and bottom caught up to my ripped /muscular upper body ( :D :rolleyes: ) and I'm not really making much progress.....

Can you guys help me with a plan of attack?

At this point I am doing a heavy leg day (deeeeeep squats, ham curls, leg extentions, leg press, standing calves) and I have added walking lunges and calves on a second day.

My diet has been cleaned up for a few weeks now, (cleaned up from my bulking phase)....

I am doing minimal cardio - I am afraid that I am not going to be able to make significant progress with my lower bod w/out cardio.

What can I do differently to start to see some significant progress??

Thanks...
:)

If the upper is ripped, andf I have seen pics - it is...then the lower is a result of Estrogen related issues.

Try some Yohimburn.

NYC as the Yohimmbine is good at breaking down those sticky fat deposits.

I think the leg w.o look fine. Try adding some all-out sprints on a cardio day.

The sprints+yohimburn+NYC = results.

Now - I have also had some good results with women crushing up some T-3 and doing trans-dermal application - but save that for later.

Welcome to the wonderful world of estrogen! I have the same problem. As we all know, you lose bf proportionally around your body so if ya gots more on the bottom, the bottom will be the last to "disappear". So one part of the answer is to trust in that rule and keep up the diet, cardio, etc. Its the last to show so it gets frustrating.

I'd like to hear anyone's comments on these evil super sets my trainer was assigning me to deal w/ big butt & thighs - note this as 10 weeks out from target comp date. The goal is no longer to build but to cut. Mon, Wed and Fri consisted of a 4 exercise super set similar to the following:

AM: 1 hr cardio
PM: 30 min bike cardio warm up
Training: repeat superset 3 x
- 5 min step mill doing double steps for "lunges"
- leg ext: 20 (both legs), then 10 / 10 , 5/5 , 2/2, 1/1 alternating legs
- leg curl: same as leg ext
- leg press: 30 reps

Then another smaller body part (abs, calves, whatever)

The other days were 2 remaining body parts per day, generally higher rep, lower weight, short set intervals, totals of 1 hr & 45 min of cardio, 1 day off

So the interesting difference (aside from the psycho cardio) was the inclusion of cardio machines in super sets and also 3 days of legs, but going for cutting & not building.

Another thing I just added for bun cutting is using the single grip or an ankle strap on the cable frame, standing on a Stepper step and doing alternate leg kick backs - both directly back & to the side.

Thx for reminding me about the sprints Corn! I'm not doing the psycho cardio and the interval training will probably get me better results more quickly.

Last edited:
ANother thing to consider might be doing the legs exercise in a giant fashion.

DEEP squats
Stiff Deads
leg curls

- as a giant set with no rest between - 4 cycles of 12-15 reps each

Lunges
Leg extensions
Leg Press

----ditto

Of course you would do legs twice per week.....one quad centered and on ham centered - add the sprints and realistically w/o an estrogen modulator - that's the best you can do.

By the ripped and cleaned-up diet comments I assumed she wanted to lose fat and perhaps slightly de/over train to some extent....

:eek: SHE is the cats mother :D

I guess you're not clear on my goal, because I'M not clear on my goal.

I've cleaned up my diet and lowered the total cals/carbs a BIT because I do want to lean up a bit for summer. I'm not crazy cutting....

I DO need to build my legs...but I believe I'm a wee bit more focused on getting rid of persistent fat on my bottom/hips/thigh area at this point.

So, I am assuming a clean diet (not necessarily a low cal/carb diet) along with more intense training and MAYBE increased cardio is going to do the trick...

I'm really asking for some help in laying it out....a plan of attack if you will :)

VooDoo Lady said:
:eek: SHE is the cats mother :D

but I believe I'm a wee bit more focused on getting rid of persistent fat on my bottom/hips/thigh area at this point.

Check over my giant set recommendations......

Top Bottom