Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

keto diet help question

B

Burning_Inside

I'm going to start a keto diet again tomorrow, I tried one a few months ago for about 6 weeks, carbing every oter weekend, and I saw basically 0 results, and i see now that it was pretty much because I was taking in too much protein. I screwed myself without knowing it.

So, i'm wondering if anyone could help me out with some parameters to follow. I'm currently at almost 220 lbs. I'm going to say about 18% bf.

Now what I'm wondering is exactly how many caloriex times my bodyweight should I shoot for? 10x or 12x? Should that number be based on lean mass or total mass? Now, what should the fat/protein ratio be?

Just looking for some guidelines here, I want to see how much fat i can lose in a month.

By the way, what kind of training ? Should i do the standard lifting of 3 days per week, 2 bodyparts per day, and cardio every other day, or how should i go about that.

Dear Burning_Inside,

Since you are 220 with 18% bf, I would recommend your weight (220) times (11), so we have 220 x 11= 2420 cal. Now, as far as ratios of fat/protein, I would do the following.
2420=BMR
Day:
1-85% fat/ 15% protein -> BMR-5%
2-80% fat/ 20% protein -> BMR-10%
3-75% fat/ 25% protein -> BMR-10%
4-75% fat/ 25% protein -> BMR-15%
5-70% fat/ 30% protein -> BMR-5%
6- morning...have 2 apples and do a full body circuit work-out, with light weights
Then IMMEDIATELY start your carb-up.
Carb-Up: BMR+5-15%

Work-Outs/Cardio:
Day:
1- 30 min cardio morning(empty stomach)/workout: Chest, Upper-Back, shoulders, arms, traps, abs
2- 30 min cardio morning/ workout: Legs, (includes, calfs, hams,quads), lower-back
3- 45 min cardio morning OR 1 hour cardio during the day
4- SAME AS DAY 3
5- 30 min cardio AM no workout

As far as results go, you should experience about 1-1.5 loss of bodyfat a week along with maybe 0.3-0.5 lb of muscle a week. Really depends on your body and "supplements" you are using.

Mr x:

I was wondering if you could let me in on what you reccommend for a car up? How much and when, until when?

(based on a 200lb bodybuilder)
Day 6: 2hr before full body workout 2apples or oranges
->workout: full body
immediately after: start carb-up
Meal 1-4: 200 g carbs liquid sugar or glucose polymers and whey protein. NOT FAT !!! (carboMax,or some other powders)
Meal 5-8: 150g liquid carbs and high gi solids (flake cereals, rice cakes etc.) add 1/4 cup walnuts
Meal 9-12: 60 g solid carbs (breads, rice, pasta) and walnuts.
*1*LAST 2 meals before ending recarb SAME AS FIRST 4:
Mr.X

ok now one last thing, do i do this for 2 days, or one?

Since, you are 18%bf, I would say that a 1 day carb-up is adequate.

OK Mr.x, thanks again. by the way, it's 3pm wednesday, ketostrips show moderate ketones and real low sugar levels (basically nil). In that case, I'm thinking that some ketones are already being used that's why the stick isn't showing dark purple?

Yes, a lot of Ketones are used for energy.
I've came up pink (low ketosis) for 5 days in a row because my workout / cardio regime is so intense.
Mr.X:cool:

mr x, one thing is screwey here.......

1-85% fat/ 15% protein -> BMR-5%
2-80% fat/ 20% protein -> BMR-10%
3-75% fat/ 25% protein -> BMR-10%
4-75% fat/ 25% protein -> BMR-15%
5-70% fat/ 30% protein -> BMR-5%
6- morning...have 2 apples and do a full body circuit work-out, with light weights
Then IMMEDIATELY start your carb-up.
Carb-Up: BMR+5-15%

Shouldt day 7 be the carb up? Seems you're missing a day. if monday is day 1, sunday, the car up day, should be day 7, right? So what would the diet look like for days 5 and 6 now?

Day 1 doesn't have to be Mon. I run the diet in 6 day cycles: for example...mon-sat, then sun-fri, then sat-thur, then fri-wed...so, you see the pattern.

The carb-up is on DAY 6, NO MATTER what the day is.

Mr.X:cool:

Top Bottom