Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

just how good is peanut butter when bulking?

E

Elite_Fry

just how good is peanut butter when bulking?
im trying to bulk, but am having real troubles gaining weight, even with having 250g protein a day
would peanut butter be good to take?

I Have not eaten PB in 20 years and it has not stopped me from gaining weight while bulking-there are better things like steak,fish,rice,potato,oatmeal-if you eat these things, you won't need PB-also, protein should be over 300g a day especially when bulking

yeh well im only 150 pounds
so i shouldnt be taking as much as most pple on this board who would be well over 200

Peanut butter is a fast source for alot of calories from good fats.

Many people prefer to keep fats low while they bulk and up the fats more when they cut. In an attempt to gain less fat during their bulking. (you can kind of think of fats in that they help move fat both on and off) (they also often go excessively higher than maintenance while bulking so any manipulation to gain less fat is helpfull)

Regardless alot of fats in the diet or not you won't gain the fat unless you calories are in quite excess. Since you seem to be just meeting your maintence calories adding peanut butter for the extra calories would be a good idea. It wouldn't really matter where the extra calories came from. Since your not excessively over maintenance. It would most likely be used as fuel just as anything else and the leftover protein that was finally spared can start adding some muscle mass.

So yeah add the peanut butter if you need the calories.

Enock said:
Peanut butter is a fast source for alot of calories from good fats.

Many people prefer to keep fats low while they bulk and up the fats more when they cut. In an attempt to gain less fat during their bulking. (you can kind of think of fats in that they help move fat both on and off) (they also often go excessively higher than maintenance while bulking so any manipulation to gain less fat is helpfull)

Regardless alot of fats in the diet or not you won't gain the fat unless you calories are in quite excess. Since you seem to be just meeting your maintence calories adding peanut butter for the extra calories would be a good idea. It wouldn't really matter where the extra calories came from. Since your not excessively over maintenance. It would most likely be used as fuel just as anything else and the leftover protein that was finally spared can start adding some muscle mass.

So yeah add the peanut butter if you need the calories.

I completely agree. I have some (healthy) fat w/ every meal. Either take a tablespoon of flax, peanut butter, or olive oil. all are good. Food sources w/ good fats in them also like avocado and obviously peanutes/almonds. Fats are not as damaging as people set them out to be, they just have more calories, but eat the right fats in the right amounts and it can bring you great benefits in both dieting and bulking.

Peanut butter is good, as long as it is natural peanut butter...if you are consuming Peter Pan or Jif type brands (basically lard), stop it and get the real stuff.

Top Bottom