Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

jump rope = my anti-drug

TipDrill

well it is until i get the hang of it. I barely last 3 minutes without tripping over the darn thing. I've improved from my previous mark (about a minute), but I still suck at it.

I sprint 3 days a week. If i attempt to jump rope for about 15 to 20 minutes on 2 other days, would that be destructive towards my goal of building mass? I'm just trying to gain 15-20lbs but not be a fat ass along the way.

enlighten me wise ones :jump:

Not if you eat enough. Three things going on here:
1) Cardio running out of calories so your muscles are getting catabolized? HARDLY.
2) Cardio burning down some of the protein that you ate that day so it doesn't go to your muscles, and eating up the carbs you ate so your muscles don't get restocked with glycogen? Not if you ate enough. Should be fine, plus there are other benefits to cardio than not being fat. Like a long life, good health, more stamina for sex, etc.
3) Sprinting is not cardio. It's anaerobic.

You are pretty good. At the gym where I boxed, we would do about 15 minutes of rope jumping at the end. Damned if I could do more than 5-6 jumps in a row without tripping.

When I get consistent with jumping rope, especially with a weighted rope, I think it helps me build muscle. I notice it most in the forearms and calves. Probably due to some fat loss as well, but I also think it is because jumping rope uses those muscles in ways other cardio may neglect to. Plus if you are doing sets of around 1 min., at this point you are still close to the set length time of a mass building set with weights. I hardly doubt you are going to burn muscle at this point. You migh be able to pose an argument when you are doing 45min. long sets. My final cent on why you should jump rope - even though you have a set goal of 15-20lbs of mass, you sound like you want overall fitness. If this is true, I think you will be better off doing a varied routine (but still focus on your most important goal).

TipDrill said:
well it is until i get the hang of it. I barely last 3 minutes without tripping over the darn thing. I've improved from my previous mark (about a minute), but I still suck at it.

I sprint 3 days a week. If i attempt to jump rope for about 15 to 20 minutes on 2 other days, would that be destructive towards my goal of building mass? I'm just trying to gain 15-20lbs but not be a fat ass along the way.

enlighten me wise ones :jump:

are you really a basketball player?
Or is tipdrill a reference to chicks?

gjohnson5 said:
are you really a basketball player?
Or is tipdrill a reference to chicks?

I do play basketball daily, but i picked tipdrill because I couldn't think of a name for this forum...and the Nelly video was on at the time. :nerd:

Top Bottom