Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Iud

stilleto said:
an IUD is birth control.

??
Sorry I meant ortho tricyclen (the pill). It seems you have been on that for quite some time already. I hear you ladies about the hormone part that's why I had to go on ortho tricylcen lo which contained a smaller dosage.

Well, i had it done.
I took a percocet before I went, so by the time I was on the table, I was so tired I could barely stay awake.
It hurt like a cramp for about 5 seconds, and then that was it. which wasn't too bad since I get a cramp like that once a month anyway. Maybe it would have hurt more if i hadn't taken the perc, but i was okay.

Then the rest of the day i was just exhausted from the perc. lol

I :heart: my Mirena IUD. Years of fantastic, cheap, reliable birth control. It's awesome. Just pop an Advil after and you'll be fine. Check the strings every month when you do your self-breast exam and don't forget when five years is up you need a new one.

:heart:

stilleto said:
Well, i had it done.
I took a percocet before I went, so by the time I was on the table, I was so tired I could barely stay awake.
It hurt like a cramp for about 5 seconds, and then that was it. which wasn't too bad since I get a cramp like that once a month anyway. Maybe it would have hurt more if i hadn't taken the perc, but i was okay.

Then the rest of the day i was just exhausted from the perc. lol
Oh, sorry I missed it.

Glad you got it done and over with.

I went to the girl doctor today too. Gonna make a seperate post. :rolleyes:

I have the Mirena also. I got it about three months ago. I have had some pretty steady spotting since I got it, but apparently after three months (now) it should stop. My first period after sucked, I had pretty bad cramps and it was kind of long, but now I don't have cramps and they should be shorter by next month. It's so nice to not have anything to remember!! I love it so far, even with the spotting, it's been worth it.

emilye84 said:
I have the Mirena also. I got it about three months ago. I have had some pretty steady spotting since I got it, but apparently after three months (now) it should stop. My first period after sucked, I had pretty bad cramps and it was kind of long, but now I don't have cramps and they should be shorter by next month. It's so nice to not have anything to remember!! I love it so far, even with the spotting, it's been worth it.

OH, good to know, thank you!
so far, it's fine. I've been having a few cramps, so it feels like I should get my period soon, but maybe it's just healing.
i am so happy not to have to think about it anymore!

I have mirena. I love it. I lets out a low dose of hormones directly to the uterus. I just got a two day period after about six months of not having one. I have not had any side effects from it other than increased sex drive. I am not saying everyone has this happen as it is rare and my doctor has never heard of it happening. I was using the Nuvaring before and the worst side effect ever was loss of libido. It could have been that my sex drive returned to normal after coming off the ring.

stilleto said:
so far, so good.

it better work though.
The IUD seems so abstract that at first I was afraid it was too good to be true but YEP! They say it's more effective than sterilization :whatever: WTH is up with that stat? lol?

Top Bottom