Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Iud

stilleto

ELITE MENTOR
EF VIP
anyone have one?
I'm getting one saturday. will I be in pain afterwards?

I did, but a loooonnnngggg time ago. I loved it, but they don't make the kind I had, they ALL have hormones in them now. For me unpleasant side effects during my period (a LOT more bleeding, bad fucking cramps) were totally worth it the rest of the month. I could not take hormonal birth control.

musclemom said:
I did, but a loooonnnngggg time ago. I loved it, but they don't make the kind I had, they ALL have hormones in them now. For me unpleasant side effects during my period (a LOT more bleeding, bad fucking cramps) were totally worth it the rest of the month. I could not take hormonal birth control.

this one (mirena) says I might very well not have a period at all after a few months.

that's flippin' awesome.
did you need to recover? do you remember? i'm supposed to go out car shopping after my appt. but i don't know if i'm going to be miserable.

stilleto said:
this one (mirena) says I might very well not have a period at all after a few months.

that's flippin' awesome.
did you need to recover? do you remember? i'm supposed to go out car shopping after my appt. but i don't know if i'm going to be miserable.
Two minutes, barely. Virtually the same process as having a PAP smear.

The way they did mine was insert it when I had my period. They insert a thin cannula through your cervix and push the IUD in through that. Pull out the cannula and trim the threads, presto, inserted IUD.

You might have some extra cramping right afterwards. IMO, take some Advil before you go to the doctor, you'll be fine. I didn't think it was a big deal.

I had one almost ten years ago. Only a slight discomfort right after having it put in, but nothing that was worth worrying about. I agree about the Advil prior, although with the newer IUDs I would be surprised if you had any cramps. Have you taken any other forms of BC in the past?

dirty~d~ said:
I had one almost ten years ago. Only a slight discomfort right after having it put in, but nothing that was worth worrying about. I agree about the Advil prior, although with the newer IUDs I would be surprised if you had any cramps. Have you taken any other forms of BC in the past?

i've been on one form of birth control or another for the last 24 years.

mostly the pill, but lately the patch. i have a reaction to the adhesive though.

I've never had one but my best gf got one couple years back and I don't recall her complaining about much except for a heavier period the first month or so. But other than that SHE LOVES IT. She will be 47 in JUN. She has one grown son that she shipped off to college last year so another baby is certainly not desirable. Especially since she divorced her son's dad like 5/6 years back. LOL

stilleto said:
i've been on one form of birth control or another for the last 24 years.

mostly the pill, but lately the patch. i have a reaction to the adhesive though.

The only concern would be your reaction to the hormones, but if you've been taking the pill for that long it should be a seamless transition. You'll like it, I'm sure.

Top Bottom