Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

It's Merry Christmas Not Happy Holiday.

biggeek said:
Well.. without turning this into a huge religion class and discussion.. there is NO rule in the bible that says you have to push your beliefs on others.. if someone is gonna believe in it.. they better believe in it for themselves.. not others.. or else it means jack..

True but how are people going to hear about that the good news unless someone tells them. When is the last time you went to church or listened to a Christian station or read the Bible? The devil owns all the other media outlets and he runs ACLU too. And they are very profficient in keeping God out of everything.

IF this god exists.. and jesus blah blah blah.. are all so forgiving and powerful.. and i live a moral and decent life.. and then there's a saved christian who has commited sin like theres no tomorrow.. and we die at the same time.. and we both stand before whoever.. and your gonna tell me that this wonderful god is gonna let him go through to heaven and send me to hell? without even giving me a chance to say.. "ok.. i screwed up.. i should have believed.. but i led a good life.. can you forgive me lord".. and then i too could go on to heaven..

Sorry but you couldn't because you refused God's gift which was His son's sacrafice for your sins. See God is perfect He can not look at sin. He created the world and gave us life and free will and we screwed up and couldn't measure up to sinless life. But God loved his creation so he sent his son to live and sinless life and then die for our sins. And if you believe this then God doesn't see your sins anymore beccause Christ blood covers them. So inotherwords if you ever commited one sin just one you fall short of living by the rules and without believing in Christ you will not make it into Heaven. As far as the Christian that keeps on sinning was either never really saved or is backslidden.

if "god" is the kind of guy that would say no to something like that.. then that's not a "god" i want to believe.. plain and simple.. christianity is about faith.. not stupidity... not to bash anyone's beliefs really.. it's not in my nature.. but when someone says something like this to me.. i have to defend myself..

See hear is the thing you don't have to believe but that doesn't mean God doesn't exist in the end atheists, scientistic, budist, muslims and everybody will bow their knees and profess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Then they will be judge by God asking them to question. The first question is what did you regarding my son? If you did except Christ as your savior then you will enter the gate of Heaven. IF you didn't, you will go to Hell. I'm sorry but that is the way it is. God is God. He makes the rules period. IF you answer the first question correctly then He asked what did you do with the talents that I gave you? That question and what you did will decide you rank and wealth in Heaven. But what I don't understand biggeek if you already live a moral life why not believe in Christ and you will be guaranteed a place in Heaven. Cause unlike Satan God doesn't lie.

Now.. as to your question about the bridge being out.. and telling me to save me from my death.. how do you 100% know i'm going to die in that crash.. or if i'm even going to keep going down that road.. how do you know i won't see the bridge out myself and stop? Too many what-ifs.. like religion.. i don't like what-if's in my life.. I like to KNOW..

You know I don't know if you will change roads or not. I don't know if you will die or not. You're right you still have time to change the road your on. That is up to you. You can change right before you die. But I just hope you have that chance to do so and don't die suddenly because after you die it will indeed be too late. As far as the bridge so are you telling me you wouldn't want to be warned? If I was on that road with a bridge out I sure would hope you would warn me.

Now here's a question for you.. do you believe the John Grisham novels that everyone reads or do you think it's just a good story? or how about Steven King? I thought so.. and how many times was the bible re-written? numerous times.. what seems to happen anytime a book is re-written.. things change.. I can't put all my faith.. my life.. in a book.. just doesn't work that way for me.. maybe for you.. but not for me..

You know I have heard this and it makes sense except we are not talking about a mere human here. The Bible is God's instruction for man to live a healthy productive happy life. And you would have to agree if you followed the Bible's advice you would have a very happy fullfilled life. So the way I look at it if God can make a planet that rotates just far enough from the sun to give us warmth but not burn us up to death and give us all these awesome natural resources and the brains to make this world such a wonderful place. I am pretty sure he can keep his word(the Bible) pure from man's tampering.

There have been many wonderful things that have happened to me in my life.. just like most people in this world.. but none of them i can 100% attribute to a "god" or "jesus".. i didn't "pray" for it to happen.. i wanted it to happen and I MADE it happen.. i didn't ask for help.. i did it myself.. and for most of the people out there that believe in praying for fixing your problems.. if you sit down and really think.. most of you will see that it was not the praying.. god.. jesus.. whoever that solved the problem.. but you.. simple as that..

It is just not the woderful things that happen to you that are attributed to God everything about you and your life are attributed to God. Because without him. You wouldn't have the parents that copulated and gave birth to you. You wouldn't have the mouth that you breath the air he provided for you and you wouldn't have the brain to wonder if their was a God. Inotherwords, if it wasn't for God, you wouldn't be here period.

I honestly hope that I did not majorly offend anyone.. as I was only defending myself and my beliefs.. if anyone would seriously like to talk religion on a mature and rational level and not be like "well.. if you don't believe in god your going to hell".. ha ha.. then PM me or start a thread about it or something..

You didn't offend me at all. You ask very good questions and I hope I gave you the answers you were looking for. And I am sorry to bring up the Hell part but dude it exist and it is not a pleasant place to be. It is a place of isolation from your creator and very very lonely. There is weeping and knashing of teeth there. You don't want to go there believe me. And I wouldn't say ha ha about anybody going there.

Anyway Merry merry Christmas to You Bro and why not seek the Lord and maybe you could receive the Best present every given to man.

Oh to clarify there is a rule in the Bible to tell the world about Christ. It comes from Jesus himself and it is called the great commission.

curling said:
Oh to clarify there is a rule in the Bible to tell the world about Christ. It comes from Jesus himself and it is called the great commission.

Ok man.. once again.. don't wanna get into a long drawn out discussion.. but here's a few things in my perspective.. and sorry.. but i'm a logical person.. i'm a computer programmer.. things are 1's and 0's to me.. not this in-between stuff that the bible makes you believe in.. anyway.. onward.. lets look back hundreds of years.. people were killed.. slaughtered.. senselessly killed in "jesus's" name.. ha ha.. because people would not convert they were killed.. that doesn't settle with me.. it may not be like that anymore.. but that is how christianity came to be one of the biggest religions in the world.. not because EVERYONE wanted to be a christian.. but they were forced too.. and it has just stuck..

Now.. about the bible.. did you actually see "god" write the bible.. i mean.. seriously.. there is no way to be 100% certain without a shadow of a doubt that anyone knows that god wrote it or it is really god's word.. there have been many books written in this world that seem to good to be written by a mere human.. but they were.. it's called talent.. it's called people in those days had nothing better to do than write stories.. your right.. you live your life by that book.. and you'll live a pretty good life.. but go to any barnes and noble and go to the self-help section and theres tons of books that you can live your life by and still have a great life.. ha ha.. doesn't settle with me..

Last and final thing.. and over the years i've gotten many different answers to this.. but everyone says if you don't accept christ.. you go to hell.. plain and simple.. doesn't matter if your buddhist.. islamic.. whatever.. if your not a christian.. you go to hell.. well.. what about people that have never heard of christianity.. what about people that are blind and deaf and cannot learn about "god".. are they automatically doomed to hell.?? or does god or whoever say to them.. well.. you didn't have the oppurtunity to accept me.. now's your chance.. and if that is the case.. then why would it be any different for anyone else.. back to what i said.. why would the non-believer be doomed to hell even though he led a perfect life while the christian sinner gets to go to heaven.. ha ha.. doesn't settle with me..

Oh yeah.. the UPS guy just came by.. he said.. "Merry Christmas".. lol.. i told him.. "Happy Holidays".. :)

biggeek said:
Ok man.. once again.. don't wanna get into a long drawn out discussion.. but here's a few things in my perspective.. and sorry.. but i'm a logical person.. i'm a computer programmer.. things are 1's and 0's to me.. not this in-between stuff that the bible makes you believe in.. anyway.. onward.. lets look back hundreds of years.. people were killed.. slaughtered.. senselessly killed in "jesus's" name.. ha ha.. because people would not convert they were killed.. that doesn't settle with me.. it may not be like that anymore.. but that is how christianity came to be one of the biggest religions in the world.. not because EVERYONE wanted to be a christian.. but they were forced too.. and it has just stuck..

I hope the fellow Christians that happen to be Catholic don't get mad but that wasn't a Christian what the catholics did during the crusades. And to tell you the truth I don't trust Rome or the Vatican at all. I don't need some funny looking bald old dude as a mediator to talk to God and I have Son as the mediator. So please don't blame Christ for what man made into some funky ass religion that is not biblically based.

Now.. about the bible.. did you actually see "god" write the bible.. i mean.. seriously.. there is no way to be 100% certain without a shadow of a doubt that anyone knows that god wrote it or it is really god's word.. there have been many books written in this world that seem to good to be written by a mere human.. but they were.. it's called talent.. it's called people in those days had nothing better to do than write stories.. your right.. you live your life by that book.. and you'll live a pretty good life.. but go to any barnes and noble and go to the self-help section and theres tons of books that you can live your life by and still have a great life.. ha ha.. doesn't settle with me.

Dude the Bible was penned by many different men over different centuries. But it all has the same theme. And the self help books only help you with rewards for this short 80 to 90 year life. Where the Bible sets you up for rewards for eternity.

Last and final thing.. and over the years i've gotten many different answers to this.. but everyone says if you don't accept christ.. you go to hell.. plain and simple.. doesn't matter if your buddhist.. islamic.. whatever.. if your not a christian.. you go to hell.. well.. what about people that have never heard of christianity.. what about people that are blind and deaf and cannot learn about "god".. are they automatically doomed to hell.?? or does god or whoever say to them.. well.. you didn't have the oppurtunity to accept me.. now's your chance.. and if that is the case.. then why would it be any different for anyone else.. back to what i said.. why would the non-believer be doomed to hell even though he led a perfect life while the christian sinner gets to go to heaven.. ha ha.. doesn't settle with me..
As I told you before NO ONE has lived a perfect life except Christ PERIOD!!! It can't be done. All Adam and Eve couldn't do was eat the forbidden fruit and they screwed that up. Remember even if you think a sin it is as bad as committing it. As far as the other religions all of there leaders are died and are still dead. Christianity is the only faith with risen savior. Budda dead. Mahhomad dead. Confusis(sp) dead. The other thing is that the devil knows that Christ is the only way to Heaven so that is why he made up these other religions to keep people in believing the truth. As far as the deaf, dumb and people that didn't reject the good news but just never heard it will be judged I think on how they lived life and it they were true to their consious but that is my opinion. And far as the Christian sinner we are all sinners dude just Christians asked for forgiveness and believe what the Lord did for them and repented.

Oh yeah.. the UPS guy just came by.. he said.. "Merry Christmas".. lol.. i told him.. "Happy Holidays".. :)

Too funny. Some Home Depot chick just said happy holidays to me and I told Merry Merry Christmas to you too. Merry Christmas Biggeek I am splitting now to spend time with my family. I pray that the joy of the season overcomes you and you to will know where you will be going for sure when you leave this short existant we call life. Peace.

curling said:
Too funny. Some Home Depot chick just said happy holidays to me and I told Merry Merry Christmas to you too. Merry Christmas Biggeek I am splitting now to spend time with my family. I pray that the joy of the season overcomes you and you to will know where you will be going for sure when you leave this short existant we call life. Peace.

Well man.. enjoy time with the family.. hope the season treats you well.. but I can honestly and fully say.. i am not and will never be a christian.. now.. i may become religious.. but not christian.. been there done that.. didn't work for me.. but atleast your one of the more educated people i've had this discussion with.. so i'll give you that.. i'll admit i don't remember jack from the bible.. and most people don't.. so arguing with them is pointless.. anyway.. you go about your things in life.. and i'll go about mine.. and who knows.. maybe we'll both end up wrong and we should have been praying to Allah all along.. then were both screwed.. oh well.. :).. take it easy man.. and to everyone else reading this..

Reactions: ceo
HS Lifter said:
Fuck Christmas.

Shitty music playing everywhere, that annoying salvation army bell at the front of stores, disgruntled ass people everywhere, giving out shitty gifts, receiving shitty gifts.

you forgot to mention all the extra traffic...idiots who already can't drive on the roads with more bad driving idiots, fucking it up for those of us just trying to get around to do our daily errands and go to work, etc.

The gift giving thing is just a last ditch effort to bump the economy before the year end. Sales everywhere, blah blah...stay the fuck home and get off the roads. Use the internet this year. Not all of us are trying to shop, hell I just want to go get a coffee and go to work. Im so glad I stopped celebrating xmas years ago.

You Christians should do some reading up on your history to find out that this isnt really a christian holiday, but a pagan tradition. See mithraism. I could go deep into this and other so called christian traditions which are nothing more than traditions of men not commandments of God.

I almost forgot...HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

On TV around here I see: "Happy Hannukah" "Happy Holidays" "Happy Ramadan" "Happy Kwanzah" etc...... never Merry Christmas....

For once I'd like to see Merry Christmas....

While I agree that there are many different religions & beliefs out there, why is it OK to include all the others & exclude mine??

curling said:
The devil owns all the other media outlets and he runs ACLU too. And they are very profficient in keeping God out of everything.

God isn't "big enough" to get into the media or the ACLU? Apparently he can't beat the devil either? Damn bro, which "god" do you know?

See God is perfect He can not look at sin. ...God doesn't see your sins anymore beccause Christ blood covers them. So inotherwords if you ever commited one sin just one you fall short of living by the rules and without believing in Christ you will not make it into Heaven. As far as the Christian that keeps on sinning was either never really saved or is backslidden.

Where do backsliders go?

unlike Satan God doesn't lie.

I guess you have to be a liar to run the media and the ACLU then, and if you're not a liar, then you can't get in.

If I was on that road with a bridge out I sure would hope you would warn me.

Warning! Your mind appears to be closed! Please open yourself up to more sources of information if you want to be the best possible Christian you can! Being a good Christian isn't about being closed-minded.

...if God can make a planet that rotates just far enough from the sun to give us warmth but not burn us up to death and give us all these awesome natural resources and the brains to make this world such a wonderful place. I am pretty sure he can keep his word(the Bible) pure from man's tampering.

He just can't do anything with the media or the ACLU...poor God. :rolleyes:

Inotherwords, if it wasn't for God, you wouldn't be here period.

Amen!

Hell... You don't want to go there believe me. And I wouldn't say ha ha about anybody going there.

I agree.

Anyway Merry merry Christmas to You Bro and why not seek the Lord and maybe you could receive the Best present every given to man.

Seek truth, and have a very merry christmas and a happy new year too.

Top Bottom