Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

It's Merry Christmas Not Happy Holiday.

Merry Chaunnicah, Ramada, Jeebus's Birthday, (Kwanzaa doesn't count), Christmas, Boxing Day, Death of Tsongkapa, Annual Sports Day, Family Day, Bain de Noêl, and whatever else holiday to everyone.

biggeek said:
The world is about diversity.. not everyone believes in christianity.. some by choice.. some by upbringing.. so christmas means nothing to them.. which is great.. because all the stores near me that are run by indians are still open.. :).. but seriously.. this isn't called being PC.. it's called respect for others.. decency.. if you know the person your talking to believes the same thing as you.. then by all means.. say happy birthday jesus.. whatever you wanna say.. but if you don't.. it's completely respectful to say happy holidays.. it's the new year coming up.. and that is a holiday for everyone.. religion or not..

I personally don't believe in christianity.. by choice.. i don't get offended when people say merry christmas to me.. i just sort of chuckle and say happy holidays.. but it's when people say things like what your saying that bother me.. we don't push our non-beliefs on you.. don't push your beliefs on us.. simple as that..

Happy Holidays Everyone!!

:)

But you don't seem to understand. I would be a crappy person if I didn't tell you about Christ and what He can do for you. I mean just because you don't believe in Him doens't mean he doesn't exist. You can't see air but it exists right?

Let me ask you this. Let's say I know there is a bridge out down the road and if you keep going the you are going you are going to die in a fiery crash. Would you not want me to warn you about the bridge being out and give you a safer route to take? Be honest.

Curling, you're a loon.
I say merry christmas, and do most of the christmas things even though I dont believe in god, jesus, or the tooth fairy. Everyone knows christmas is not about jesus anymore, its about presents, lights, eating too much, getting wasted and hanging out with your family. So there.

Ulcasterdropout said:
[size=+3]WHO GIVES A FUCK!!?!?!?![/size]

'zackly.
someone says something nice and he's annoyed.
maybe they say it to include new years also? or maybe they don't want to presume you celebrate christmas and they don't want to get into a religious discussion with you, but just want to tell you to have a nice whatever it is that you celebrate.
when i was pregnant, i can't tell you how many old ladies would pat my belly and say 'god bless you.'
i was thankful, even though i don't believe in it.

jestros said:
Curling, you're a loon.
I say merry christmas, and do most of the christmas things even though I dont believe in god, jesus, or the tooth fairy. Everyone knows christmas is not about jesus anymore, its about presents, lights, eating too much, getting wasted and hanging out with your family. So there.

Not everybody.

and btw,

Happy Birthday Jesus to:
Sorearms
scotsman
perfect world
superqt4u2uv
chefwide
lady viking
hs lifter
the project
forge
jestros.

curling said:
But you don't seem to understand. I would be a crappy person if I didn't tell you about Christ and what He can do for you. I mean just because you don't believe in Him doens't mean he doesn't exist. You can't see air but it exists right?

Damn right Curling! I say the same thing about leprechauns, but no one ever believes me. Just because no one has ever seen a leprechaun does NOT mean they don't exist! Just think of that lucious pot of gold, just waiting for the grabbing, and most people will never even bother to look because they don't believe it exists. Gold ripe for the taking! GOLD!!!!

I get goosebumps just thinking about it...

Oh yeah, and Happy Holidays! :D

curling said:

Let me ask you this. Let's say I know there is a bridge out down the road and if you keep going the you are going you are going to die in a fiery crash. Would you not want me to warn you about the bridge being out and give you a safer route to take? Be honest.

Well.. without turning this into a huge religion class and discussion.. there is NO rule in the bible that says you have to push your beliefs on others.. if someone is gonna believe in it.. they better believe in it for themselves.. not others.. or else it means jack.. too many people out there that go to church.. say they believe.. and could really give a shit less.. I was one of those.. Now.. a couple of points I would like to make.. IF this god exists.. and jesus blah blah blah.. are all so forgiving and powerful.. and i live a moral and decent life.. and then there's a saved christian who has commited sin like theres no tomorrow.. and we die at the same time.. and we both stand before whoever.. and your gonna tell me that this wonderful god is gonna let him go through to heaven and send me to hell? without even giving me a chance to say.. "ok.. i screwed up.. i should have believed.. but i led a good life.. can you forgive me lord".. and then i too could go on to heaven.. if "god" is the kind of guy that would say no to something like that.. then that's not a "god" i want to believe.. plain and simple.. christianity is about faith.. not stupidity... not to bash anyone's beliefs really.. it's not in my nature.. but when someone says something like this to me.. i have to defend myself..

Now.. as to your question about the bridge being out.. and telling me to save me from my death.. how do you 100% know i'm going to die in that crash.. or if i'm even going to keep going down that road.. how do you know i won't see the bridge out myself and stop? Too many what-ifs.. like religion.. i don't like what-if's in my life.. I like to KNOW..

Now here's a question for you.. do you believe the John Grisham novels that everyone reads or do you think it's just a good story? or how about Steven King? I thought so.. and how many times was the bible re-written? numerous times.. what seems to happen anytime a book is re-written.. things change.. I can't put all my faith.. my life.. in a book.. just doesn't work that way for me.. maybe for you.. but not for me..

There have been many wonderful things that have happened to me in my life.. just like most people in this world.. but none of them i can 100% attribute to a "god" or "jesus".. i didn't "pray" for it to happen.. i wanted it to happen and I MADE it happen.. i didn't ask for help.. i did it myself.. and for most of the people out there that believe in praying for fixing your problems.. if you sit down and really think.. most of you will see that it was not the praying.. god.. jesus.. whoever that solved the problem.. but you.. simple as that..

I honestly hope that I did not majorly offend anyone.. as I was only defending myself and my beliefs.. if anyone would seriously like to talk religion on a mature and rational level and not be like "well.. if you don't believe in god your going to hell".. ha ha.. then PM me or start a thread about it or something..

Anyway.. Have a Happy Holiday! :verygood:

77 percent of the USA is Christian so you got a good shot of not offending someone if you say Merry Christmas. Odds are in your favor.

Top Bottom