Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Italian sausage healthy?

Goldmedal

Is it healthy to include it in your diet as a protein source? it's easy and quick to cook and you can carry it anywhere as snack in between meals. Sausages and cold cuts don't have the best reputation because some of them are made of pure fat, is that the case of italian sausage? I keep my diet low carbs so these snacks should be okay?

Italian sausage is not the best choice. All sausages are very high in fat. Unless you are getting the sausage from a good quality local butcher, it'll also be full of preservatives and nitrates. Read the ingredients list. I wouldn't be surprised if half the ingredients you couldn't even pronounced.

You would be much better off buying some good quality grass fed ground beef and flavouring it with italian seasoning. Sauté it with some onions and garlic. It'll taste way better then any store bought italian sausage and be much healthier. You can also cook up big batches and freeze some for later to make food prep really easy.

Top Bottom