Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Isreali fighting

Krav is very effective because it's very practical and open to real life situations. With Krav it's not for sport which is why there are no competitions for it. You can use it however in MMA competitions although again you can't use it to full force. Rear elbows aren't allowed in most MMA competitions as well as groin, and throat strikes and eye gauges which are all taught in Krav Maga. We also train with how to disarm guns, knives, sticks in all types of situations as well like kneeling down with your arms behind your head if your attacker instructed you to as well as being in a car and someone comes to attack you with a gun. It's very all around. I've been doing it for about 2 years now and I've still only scratched the surface of it.

On another note I am also studying BJJ now as well and want to get into competitions. What I noticed is that Krav's ground game is similar to BJJ(though not as extensive - which again I wouldn't fully know since I just started BJJ last night) which makes sense since Krav takes everything that is practical and puts it to good use. Even in there main headquarters for the US in LA they have BJJ classes.

as an ex army person myself, all of us the Israelis are going to the army for 3 years,
I was in a bit better unit than him and we used hand to hand combat very often, most of us came with a background of martial arts but in any way you get classes of krav maga,
I will say that if the techer know what he is doing it could be a very good style of self defance,
but in this day and age if you want to be a good fighter you need to take BJJ and kick boxing as well in order to be a more rounded fighter,
you can't trust only one thing even if it's good as krav maga, don't forget we had guns as well in the army so if hand to hand failed we could use our guns.

First i would hafta agree with Tom on the naive part of the martial art. I do feel it is a good effective art but like in everything else it all comes down to an individual 's iron conditioning outside of the dojo.The truth is no martial will help u unless u build your life upon the techniques and use them. A mere suggestion to a better fighting art from Israel[ just my opinion] is hagnah although my spelling is probably off but will post website later.remember cry in practice smile in the battlefield ALRATOS PEEPS

Thomacski said:
I have been doing kRav maga for 8 months now and trust me it is better then any other martial art!

Yea, that should really qualify you to make that statement then!.

Top Bottom