Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there a problem if you're NEVER sore?

To sore or not to sore....

...from my own little experience - having started back in last April with free weights - I have noticed that everytime I push myself in my liftings going heavy with a max of 6 or 8 reps per set, I get sore mostly when:
- I "surprise"/shock the muscle by rotating and doing something different of what the muscle "expects" of.
For instance: on legs day, if I started the last workout with squats, then on the next one I start with leg extensions, or lunges, followed by squats, and so forth. In short: Rotation.
- In the beguinning, I 'd follow a routine by doing the same thing, in the same order, soreness was almost not an issue, my muscle "learned" quickly, you get the point.
Genetics plays a role in this too I suppose. I know I have more slow twitch fiber muscle than fast ones (from my running long distance years), my muscles can get used to endurance fairly easy, I might not be the strongest but I can go on the whole day, if you know what I mean. Knowing this, I try not to let my muscles
get accustomed to patterns, I try to shock them every time:
"Keeping them guessing", like somebody on this board said.
Now, everytime I workout I'm always sore the next day for that particular muscle group, some more than others but still sore...and most importantly I watching myself growing, I can see my muscles "swollen" soon after my workout...a good sign for growth? I hope so!
Correct me if I'm wrong....my two cents.
Corsaire
Borading party....AWAY!

;)

Hello everyone. Im my training i have always used being sore as a good indicator of a workout. I always get sore excpet for biceps. They never ger sore. Just to repeate Bulk's question. It is nessacry to be sore after a workout. Or can you grow without being sore? Also what is everyones take on the MAX OT training program.

if your not sure what MAX OT go to www.ast-ss.com

You dont have to be sore to grow.

people have different perceptions of pain, people have different reactions to any type of stimulus.

some people cant notice things as much as others.

I havent been sore for quite a while. My quads were lacking........so i thrashed them every work out. HARD.
a gain of 2" over a long period of time (cant remember how long......many many months)........and not one day of "pain" or soreness

The other day i trained at a "institute of sport" squated (front, back and overhead) and hang cleaned for over 2 1/2 hours......THAT FREAKING KILLED at the time......stiffness was all i experienced the day after

maybe im a freak...dont know.

Endpoint, that's exactly my sitch. Me freak too?

I'm famous at my gym for lifting like my life depended on it. I'm still pretty small. (Just a hard-gainer.) But I work as hard as I really believe I can. I mean, I fainted once on that dang leg press. Even after sufficient warm-up. People stop and gawk at me because I get all "vein-popping tough guy" in the free-weight room (usually I'm only female there). The incongruity of a tiny girl working as hard as them ... they just can't believe.

And still, never even tenderness the next few days. Tonight I have my first session even with a personal trainer to get to the bottom of this. I'll let you know!

buk- everyone said some very valid points, for your hams-how about some lunges-ouch! Just saying them makes me cringe a bit, change your routine around a bit, are you always starting with the same exercise each body part? Corsaire hit the nail on the coffin already, you have to keep our muscles guessing otherwise they get that "muscle memory" and thats where sticking points usually start, good luck and let us know the results when you get back to the gym...Fa2;)

I would definitely have to agree that if your not sore than your workouts either arent intense enough, or your not giving 110% into your workouts. Maybe try working out less days a week and giving it all you got. When I was training my chest 3x a week after a while my pecs just stopped getting sore. I think its because they just got accustomed to the workload.
:D:D

Ok, I know I am too early in my training to be posting my knowledge but last week when I did my first week of training I was sore as hell. This week I am not sore at all. Last week I grew about 0.1 in my biceps. This week I grew 0.2 in my biceps. My gains doubled even though I was not sore, so I think muscles do grow even if you are not sore.

Top Bottom