Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is milk good or bad for muscle and bones?

Sorry for the attitude earlier. I'm just livid at big pharma for continuously spreading propaganda like this. They also said multivitamins were bad for you and vitamin c is bad for you and ALL fat is bad for you. They just want you to stop drinking it so you'll pay them for drugs to fix your broken femur later on.

Actually organic, raw (unpasteurized) milk is available in America just not everywhere, you have to go looking for it. In Cali they (at least used to) sell it right on the grocery shelves, here in PA you can buy it from private sellers (directly from the farm or small stores -- my health food store sells several varieties, some you need to preorder and do a jug exchange, my coop only sells raw milk from one farm). It's a controversial subject beyond the whole milk issue. Some people say you're playing with dynamite and just asking for food borne disease, others swear that it's helped or healed health issues including food allergies and other chronic health problems.

I heard the government was screwing people for selling unpasteurized milk. I'm sure it's not everywhere

For example: women who breast feed and have a problem that keeps them from feeding are suggested to use donkey milk because it's closest to humans. A lady had child protective services trying to take her baby for it. Then I could go on for hours about other shitty government stories.

I heard the government was screwing people for selling unpasteurized milk. I'm sure it's not everywhere
Like I said, the issue is controversial. There's a movie titled "Farmageddon" on Netflix that comes to mind that makes the Agriculture Dept. sound like Nazis. There are a few other documentaries that touch on the subject too, and in complete truth that is my sole knowledge and every story has two sides so there is that.

In all honesty, I don't trust the govt. to have our best interests at heart and there's some shit I just don't get which to me makes no sense unless you look at things from the pure angle of greed. Shit like water being fluoridated, no labeling requirements for GMOs and cigarettes still being legal.

This raw milk thing ... I've heard of all sorts of massive food borne illness outbreaks from everything like bagged lettuce and radishes to melons and salad bars but honestly, never raw milk. I'm sure it happens but c'mon, you take a risk every time you cross the street or get into a car. Seems to me waaaaay more people are in danger of harm from tobacco than raw milk. Hell, for that matter most raw hamburger is a bacteria fiesta, if the govt. wants to protect us why do they even allow it to be in supermarkets?! It's just stupid. And when it gets to the level that people who want to own their own animals are being told what they can and cannot do personally with the products of those animals you really have to ask WTF is going on here?

Processed and toxic milk aside there is a huge problem with the magnesium to calcium ration in the typical modern diet and high calcium levels are now a primary risk factor in heard disease.

Processed and toxic milk aside there is a huge problem with the magnesium to calcium ration in the typical modern diet and high calcium levels are now a primary risk factor in heard disease.

Perhaps but that's not milk's fault there's calcium in a lot of healthy foods and unhealthy foods. In response to muscle mom: they are Nazis LOL I don't distinguish them from Monsanto or any of the other bureaucratic corporate assholes that sue people for having crops contaminated with Monsanto GMO which is not their fault. And I won't keep going into CPS and the tyrannical excuses they take children from their parents for.
Back to calcium... Bones are made of it so this is a no-brainer answer to thread original question. Mother Nature didn't make a creature so magnificent and perfect and then totally fuck up the only food that can be made by the human body. Yes it was made for babies but I see no reason it should cause health problems unless one's body is having some issues itself. Having said that, I'll say what I always say: it's not the milk's fault it's your body's fault. Not you, zyglamail, but you as in whomever is having health problems from natural milk

Back to calcium... Bones are made of it so this is a no-brainer answer to thread original question.

And thats the kind of thinking that causes problems. Just because bones are made of it does not mean we need to take in excess. On the contrary, excess causes big problems, especially when done without getting the various other nutrients needed.

Calcium does not just goto bone by itself, it requires other cofactors to get there. Without the other cofactors the calcium doesnt goto bone, it calcifies joints and arteries causing problems.

So, milk in moderation isnt a problem, preferably fresh from the farm. But when you start drinking a glass a few times a day you are undoubtedly getting much more than you need and causing problems.

And thats the kind of thinking that causes problems. Just because bones are made of it does not mean we need to take in excess. On the contrary, excess causes big problems, especially when done without getting the various other nutrients needed.

Calcium does not just goto bone by itself, it requires other cofactors to get there. Without the other cofactors the calcium doesnt goto bone, it calcifies joints and arteries causing problems.

So, milk in moderation isnt a problem, preferably fresh from the farm. But when you start drinking a glass a few times a day you are undoubtedly getting much more than you need and causing problems.

I couldn't argue that maybe in excess it could cause some problems in some people. Although I drink about a gallon every 2-3 days, so what is the factor that makes this happen sometimes and other times have no negative effect? Also what keeps this from happening to children and animals that drink far more than 3 glasses a day? If you drink lactose free milk you definitely are screwing yourself as well because lactose is the catalyst that let's us absorb the calcium in milk. I've had strong bones my whole life and I attribute it to milk all the way. I'm a junkie. So again, I have to stick to my theory that this is a problem wholly sitting with the person who's getting sick from milk... Unless of course I and other people have health problems that strangely help us consume more milk and be okay. That actually sounds more like a super power though.

Also make sure you stay away from cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, regular yogurt, cream cheese, sour creme, and all cheeses because those are all just milk essentially as well and have high calcium content.

Top Bottom