Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it ok to smoke Gonja while juicing???

When did I ever say it was worse than tobacco or had more caricogens. Thats right I didn`t, but any smoke is carcicogenic and put simply bad for you! Its ilegality is basically political, it has a long interesting history which I can`t go into here. But thats besides the point, as I said its ilegality is of no significance. Sure weed tokers smoke less than cigarettes, but its still not good.

Tar etc, check out this study

Marijuana smoking and head and neck cancer.
Hashibe M, Ford DE, Zhang ZF.
Department of Epidemiology, UCLA School of Public Health, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, 90095-1772, USA.
A recent epidemiological study showed that marijuana smoking was associated with an increased risk of head and neck cancer. Among high school students and young adults, the prevalence of marijuana use was on the rise in the 1990s, with a simultaneous decline in the perception that marijuana use is harmful. It will be a major public health challenge to make people aware of the harmful effects of marijuana smoking, when some people view it as the illicit drug with the least risk. The carcinogenicity of delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is not clear, but according to laboratory studies, it appears to have antitumor properties such as apoptosis as well as tumor-promoting properties such as limiting immune function and increasing reactive oxygen species. Marijuana tar contains similar carcinogens to tar from tobacco cigarettes, but each marijuana cigarette maybe more harmful than a tobacco cigarette since more tar is inhaled and retained when smoking marijuana. More molecular alterations have been observed in bronchial mucosa specimens of marijuana smokers compared to nonsmokers. Field cancerization may be occurring on the bronchial epithelium due to marijuana smoking exposure. Several case studies were suggestive of an association of marijuana smoking with head and neck cancers and oral lesions. However, in a cohort study with 8 years of follow-up, marijuana use was not associated with increased risks of all cancers or smoking-related cancers. Further epidemiological studies are necessary to confirm the association of marijuana smoking with head and neck cancers and to examine marijuana smoking as a risk factor for lung cancer. It will also be of interest to examine potential field cancerization of the upper aerodigestive tract by marijuana and to explore marijuana as a risk factor for oral premalignant lesions.
Publication Types: Review
Review, Tutorial

Dont kid yourself into thinking weed is harmless. It aint.

Krazykat said:
When did I ever say it was worse than tobacco or had more caricogens. Thats right I didn`t, but any smoke is carcicogenic and put simply bad for you! Its ilegality is basically political, it has a long interesting history which I can`t go into here. But thats besides the point, as I said its ilegality is of no significance. Sure weed tokers smoke less than cigarettes, but its still not good.

Tar etc, check out this study

Marijuana smoking and head and neck cancer.
Hashibe M, Ford DE, Zhang ZF.
Department of Epidemiology, UCLA School of Public Health, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, 90095-1772, USA.
A recent epidemiological study showed that marijuana smoking was associated with an increased risk of head and neck cancer. Among high school students and young adults, the prevalence of marijuana use was on the rise in the 1990s, with a simultaneous decline in the perception that marijuana use is harmful. It will be a major public health challenge to make people aware of the harmful effects of marijuana smoking, when some people view it as the illicit drug with the least risk. The carcinogenicity of delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is not clear, but according to laboratory studies, it appears to have antitumor properties such as apoptosis as well as tumor-promoting properties such as limiting immune function and increasing reactive oxygen species. Marijuana tar contains similar carcinogens to tar from tobacco cigarettes, but each marijuana cigarette maybe more harmful than a tobacco cigarette since more tar is inhaled and retained when smoking marijuana. More molecular alterations have been observed in bronchial mucosa specimens of marijuana smokers compared to nonsmokers. Field cancerization may be occurring on the bronchial epithelium due to marijuana smoking exposure. Several case studies were suggestive of an association of marijuana smoking with head and neck cancers and oral lesions. However, in a cohort study with 8 years of follow-up, marijuana use was not associated with increased risks of all cancers or smoking-related cancers. Further epidemiological studies are necessary to confirm the association of marijuana smoking with head and neck cancers and to examine marijuana smoking as a risk factor for lung cancer. It will also be of interest to examine potential field cancerization of the upper aerodigestive tract by marijuana and to explore marijuana as a risk factor for oral premalignant lesions.
Publication Types: Review
Review, Tutorial

Dont kid yourself into thinking weed is harmless. It aint.

uhh... did you even read the entire study you posted? they compared MJ smokers to non-smokers and the results they obtained weren't even conclusive. They draw a conclusion that none of the "supporting" information backs up.

er did u read it!

Marijuana tar contains similar carcinogens to tar from tobacco cigarettes, but each marijuana cigarette maybe more harmful than a tobacco cigarette since more tar is inhaled and retained when smoking marijuana.

More molecular alterations have been observed in bronchial mucosa specimens of marijuana smokers compared to nonsmokers. Field cancerization may be occurring on the bronchial epithelium due to marijuana smoking exposure. Several case studies were suggestive of an association of marijuana smoking with head and neck cancers and oral lesions.

Yes not all conclusive, but do you really need a study to tell you that breathing smoke is bad for you? Let alone what the chemcials in the reefer itself does.

i will say that smoking ANYTHING is not good for you...

but from you study it starts off stating that:
marijuana smoking was associated with an increased risk of head and neck cancer

yet provides no details from the study. how do we know that the study was done in a way that made the only variable between the test group and the control group the MJ smoking? i'm sure the control group was comprised of nonsmokers, but i wouldn't be surprised if the "control" group also smoked cigarettes.

anyways it follows with:
in a cohort study with 8 years of follow-up, marijuana use was not associated with increased risks of all cancers or smoking-related cancers. Further epidemiological studies are necessary to confirm the association of marijuana smoking with head and neck cancers and to examine marijuana smoking as a risk factor for lung cancer.

its like you cut and pasted pieces of a study together. there is no real "substance" to this study and IMO doesn't add much if anything to the collective sum of knowledge on the topic

This has to be one of the lamest threads I have seen in a while. A bunch of bros on an anabolic steroid board saying that weed is bad for you, ROFL!!

not really kronk the first 4 pages are pro-ganj! Only on page 5 did ashcroft's jerk-offs show up . . . The stoned folk got there early i guess . . . :D

Top Bottom