Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it bad to drink a protein shake before bed?

Like what stang said, drinking a protein shake is anabolic to the body as sleeping means fasting for more than 8 hours. The amino acids consumed can combat the catabolic cortisol levels which rises during the last few hours of sleep and when we first wake up.

You should subscribe to Physical magazine or a health journal which constantly features clinical studies supporting the habit of taking protein shakes before bedtime for muscle anabolism.

Try taking in some dietary fiber from some sort of vegetables (broccoli, etc.), and some Essential fatty acids like Flax, canola, or peanut butter with this protein shake. They will help slow down absorption and ensure for a longer period of nutrients/amino acids to be taken up by the body while you are asleep and fasting. Also, as blood glucose levels decline, so does protein synthesis. You may want to add some kind of low-moderate GI carbs to add in with this meal. I like to use my daily amount of fructose at this time because of its really slow digestion rate/GI (really small amount of like 20 grams of all-natural applesauce). As long as you are not eating more than you are using for the day, then fat gain will be minimal. Also, some people get better results from eating whole protein foods (chicken, beef, fish) or cottage cheese at this time because of their very long digestion rates.

MR. BMJ

TxLonghorn Is this a sign you might need to relax a little? I have an IV setup near my bed filled with a whey protein shake with a minor amount of carbs. It is set to dispense 30 grams of protein every 90 minutes. Oh wait, no that was a dream I had. And that wasn't an IV, it was a chick. And what was happening every 90 minutes was...nevermind. What was the question? Are you serious? Yes, he will kill himself if he takes a protein shake right before bed. Or at least I can promise you this, he will die. Sometime.
LMFAO!!:D :D :D

3 Scoops of Chocolate Whey Ion Filtered
3 Scoops of Ice Cream
3 Tblsps Chocolate Syrup
1 Banana ( for the potassium )
1 Scoop of Malt
18 oz. of Milk

blend, top with whip cream & a cherry, serve with 2 Cookies and a Hershey bar as a treat, 3 X per day.
TRUST ME, you'll grow!!!!

Mike Mattarrazo

I read that Mike Mattarrazo sets an alarm to wake up in the middle of the night to not drink a shake, but to actually eat. He gets out of bed like a friggin sleep walking robot, mows down some steak and some potatoes and goes back to bed. That guy truly is a FREAK!!!

a protein shake before bed is great after a heavy lifting day gives your body nutrients to repair itself

I am a really hard training man but I am not able to put on weight. I eat like a horse an every evening I drink a bulk shake just before I went to bed. I don't have any problem with it. It's a shake with 800 kcal. Very rich off carbs and prot. but my B.F. is only 6%. When you want to lose weight I would suggest a low carb shake rich of prot. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

Top Bottom