Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is anyone here in sales?

Burnboy

i guess it would be called corporate sales? is it true that basically all you do is take clients out to eat and do whatever while trying to get them to buy your companies product? or that you only have to work about 20 hours a week and get an expense account? i met a guy thats been in paper sales for one year right after college and he says hes making 130k a year, how good is this field? what should i major in in college to do this?

Burnboy said:
i guess it would be called corporate sales? is it true that basically all you do is take clients out to eat and do whatever while trying to get them to buy your companies product? or that you only have to work about 20 hours a week and get an expense account? i met a guy thats been in paper sales for one year right after college and he says hes making 130k a year, how good is this field? what should i major in in college to do this?

You can make a lot of money in sales. And if you are good at it, the jobs are always there. You can sell anything: cars, houses, computers, widgets, etc.

Sales jobs are otugh - it;s feast or famine, and given the current economy, it's mostly famine.

As for your buddy, he;s full of shit. No one is making $130K for working 20 hours a week.

I'm not in sales. I am in litigation management/insurance outsourcing.

The sales guys at my work make serious cash. If they are selling new clients and getting the high commissions for the first year and have an established client base, they'll make $300 - $400K a year. However this takes time, and it isn't unusual for them to be out of the office travelling around the country five days a week only seeing their families on the weekends. I'm in operations and do OK, but I'll never see the kind of jack these guys are hauling in. But I don't like to travel all that much, and would rather spend my time at home with my wife. Not to mention that all that travel severely throws off your diet and workout schedule.

Reactions: Cut
bigschweeler said:
But I don't like to travel all that much, and would rather spend my time at home with my wife. Not to mention that all that travel severely throws off your diet and workout schedule.

Those are the exact same reasons I could never be in that type of sales.....my family means too much!

Re: Re: Re: is anyone here in sales?

rudedawg said:

I can name quite a few.

Sales types? Well, lucky you then. My staff avergaes $170K but they work their balls off for it. 80-90 hours a week. (We are not in sales).

Im in sales. My boss is always out trying to please clients..If you ask me I dont think all the stress he goes through is worth the $500,000.00 he makes a year

Reactions: Cut
Top Bottom