Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is anyone here in sales?

Burnboy said:
i met a guy thats been in paper sales for one year right after college and he says hes making 130k a year, how good is this field? what should i major in in college to do this?

the Ol' American Dream: to sit your ass home and be paid 100k ahahahaha yeah right one year after college......:D

Re: Re: Re: is anyone here in sales?

rudedawg said:

I can name quite a few.

I agree. There are week where I dont really "work" more than 20-30 hours a week. Other weeks, however, I work 40-50 hours a week. It really depends. I actually make more than $130k a year, however, I work in software. I got into software sales right out of law school. I realized that I could make much more selling software than practicing law. Its all in what you sell. Yes, I travel, but not all that much. I spend more time building relationships with prospects and clients. Half of that is taking them out to lunches and dinners, golf, etc. The other half is working in the boardroom.

Thats another reason why its so hard to get out of this business, the money is outstanding, but the hours are better. It leaves me much more time to train and be with my family.

Re: Re: Re: Re: is anyone here in sales?

MattTheSkywalker said:

Sales types? Well, lucky you then. My staff avergaes $170K but they work their balls off for it. 80-90 hours a week. (We are not in sales).
Matt we have been through this before I think.:D

I do consider myself lucky.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: is anyone here in sales?

kingjohn said:

kronk your job description sounds a lot like mine....hours and all. Tell me one thing though.....how do you keep up with eating right and working out?

so if everyone here is making 100k a year why is there still people buying from EYEPEE just to save a few bucks ? lol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: is anyone here in sales?

kingjohn said:

LOL I dont know why anyone would buy that toilet shit. I'd rather eat more food.

I'm just saying its not as hard as it sounds to live the ol American Dream. (btw what is the ol' Canadian dream?) Depending on where you live $100k per year can be a lot or a little.

the Ol' canadian dream ? T still have money at 55 lol Seriously here 100k is something impossible for a freshly graduated. Also 100k a year is a lot. I dont think I will ever make that much money with my current job.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: is anyone here in sales?

rudedawg said:

Matt we have been through this before I think.:D

I do consider myself lucky.

I hear you dawg. A lot of people are full of shit. There are few people on this board that I would pay a dime to work with me.

Between my day job, my book and my educational consulting business...let's just say I don't have to scrape by on a few hundred thousand anymore...I am looking to close on a house soon and you're welcome anytime. (After the renovation, anyway)

But to do what I do, I work 100-110 hour weeks most of the time. (yes, 18 a day, 7 days a week). I'm sure you know the feeling. Over the last few years I have gotten to know people in many lines of business, and a lot of these posts are just total horseshit.

Consider that only 6% of American *houesholds* earn $100K per year. For every salesperson that makes $200K a year, there are 50 that are making $33K. I just can't believe all the successful ones are on EF.

To those of you considering this career, I say good luck. But don't believe the hype.

Top Bottom