Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ironlion

strangebrew

How important is strengthening the neck when playing competitive football? If it is, what are some good exercises for the neck?

As far as making it stronger there are neck exercises, but as a football player most of your neck work comes from playing the game and wearing a helmet. Having very big and strong traps is a must beacause they help to stabilize the neck when you flex or bow up to hit someone. So for football at least trap development is important.

some things you can do are:
wrestler bridges w/ or w/o weight
4 way neck work with a partner
hise shrugs seem to simulate the neck involvement on football
you could attach a harness to the cable crossover or a sled and use that

IronLion said:

i thought about that too, wondered if anyone did that. hehe. mad scientist stuff that goes through my head i guess.

IronLion said:
As far as making it stronger there are neck exercises, but as a football player most of your neck work comes from playing the game and wearing a helmet. Having very big and strong traps is a must beacause they help to stabilize the neck when you flex or bow up to hit someone. So for football at least trap development is important.

some things you can do are:
wrestler bridges w/ or w/o weight
4 way neck work with a partner
hise shrugs seem to simulate the neck involvement on football

cool, I didnt realize that about the traps. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom