Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Iron Monkey: Teenage Log

6/12

I had no business in the gym today, I really tweaked my back this past Friday o n squats. This heavy volume program would have been like the worst thing to do with a back injury. I really struggle with skipping the gym though. I'm not even trying to make myself sound like a martyr or some BS, I literally think I have a problem. I could have really messed myself up today, anyways here is my workout.

Purposely restricted my form, I could have pulled faster and more explosively had I not been worried about yanking out the ol' vertebrae.

ED Coan/ Phillipi Week 5

Deadlift
3x3x435 (belt)

These did not go up as fast as I would have hoped, but I was trying to keep very strict form, so grip and rip was the last thing on my mind.

Speed Deadlifts (2m rest b/w sets)
355x3x3(belt)

These all went up really clean, I was focusing on moving my hips under my torso to complete the rest.

Power Shrugs 3x5
310x3x5

Felt awesome, really wanted to go heavier but the program had me working with 310 and I didn't want to deviate

SLDL
365x3x5

Really wanted to go heavy on these, but again with the back. Next week I'll be going for four plates.

BB Row
195x5
190x5
185x5

Underhand Lat Pulldown 3x5

GM's
185x3x5

Overall I am pumped I was able to make it in to the gym this week for DLs. If you looking back a few posts you can see that I specifically stated I would be skipping dead lifts for the week. So much for that.

6/13

Nothing like following a deadlift day with a back/lat day.

Chin Ups
BW + 25lbs. x 14
x7
x5
20x5
20x4
15x5
15x5
10x5
5x5

Took about a minute rest between these sets. Really going down slow on the negative phase and then focusing on pulling the bar into the top of my chest. I'll be feeling these in the ol' wings tomorrow.

Strict DB Rows
Reverse Curls
Weighted incline crunches
ab wheel

Nice glory muscle workout.

6/14

About to switch gears in my training so I took a day off of my usual Thursday workout to test my bench

Bench Press 1x1
335 (w/ wrist wraps)

didn't have to fight it too much at any point, didn't really have a sticking point. I would still say this is my true 1RM for the bench.

I followed this up with high rep OHP
DB Incline
Bench Press burnout
Weighted dips

Will be starting my Dave Tate Bench Press cure cycle, hopefully it will bump me up to 350lbs.

Good bench bro! That's 35lbs better than mine!

6/15

531 Back Squat

135x5
185x5
225x3
265x3
300x3
340x12 (w/belt)

Really solid form on these, my lower back was still a little sore from my deadlift day on Tuesday. Really want to up the weight so that I can stop doing such high reps haha, such a killer.

Front Squat
175x10
175x10
175x10
165x10
155x10

These destroyed my quads which have been getting some serious mass since I started these. Solid stuff here.

Hahaha thanks man, to be fair I took a couple breathers at the top to eek out the last few reps.

I believe they're called breathing squats. I did 220 x 30 one time and after 15 I was taking 3-4 breaths before each rep.

Top Bottom