Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Iron Monkey: Teenage Log

6/8

Despite sleeping like a log last night I went into this workout with some residual lower back soreness from the last deadlift workout on Tues. This didn't surprise me because week 4 of the Coan Phillipi routine is known to be the hardest of the entire cycle. Anyways, here is my squat day.

Back Squat
150x5
190x5
225x3
245x5
280x5
320x15 (w/ belt)

My back squats are always much closer to ATG than to parallel. These were no different and by the 10th set I had to take about a 10 sec breather to beast out the last 5 reps. I go into this day with a number of reps I need to hit in my mind, this number is based on whatever number of reps for whatever weight I hit the week before. In this case, I hit 345x11 last week, in order to have beaten this rep max with this week's weight of 320 I had to shell out 15 reps.

Front Squat
170x2x10
165x10
155x10

Was supposed to get 5 sets of ten on these, not 4. I was so fatigued by the end of the 2nd set that I was walking like I had a pole up my ass. I figured I had busted my ass off enough that I would be sore as sht tomorrow regardless of if I did the last set or not, so I just called it a day.

Ow...

6/9

Pull Ups Weighted
BW+ 50lbs. x 11
50x5
50x4
40x5
35x5
30x5
25x5
20x5
BWx5 very wide grip

Did some curls and called it quits.

Turns out I twinged my lower right back pretty bad yesterday at some point during my squat workout. I thought it was just normal soreness until it got near bed time last night, then I realized the pain was just on my lower right side and it was sharp, not the dull muscular soreness I'm used to.

I woke up this morning, and Yep, I did something to my back. I'm not sure of the severity yet, I don't think it is too bad. However I definitely wont be deadlifting this Tuesday.

Nice pull ups again bro :)

Where does your back hurt? Near the centre of your lower back or further out to the side?

And it hurts when you do what? Stand up straight? Or sit down or both?

I'm asking cos I get a similar thing on my left, bang in between my side and spine right above my ass cheek, I mainly feel it when I stand up. I can stretch it by hugging my knees to my chest. that found like what you got?

It doesn't hurt unless I move torso around. Whether its bending over or straightening my back I feel it. Its feeling a little better at this point in the day after I got the blood pumping at the gym. I'm hoping I can just rest it out, I think I should be set.

Yeah doesn't sound too bad, a nice hot bath and a little light stretching might help a bit. Does for me :)

6/11

Chest Day Best Day

Bench Press (75s rest b/w sets)
10x3x275

30 reps of 275 in 13 minutes. If you go to the beginning of my log you can see I have been working up to this weight for the past 3.5 months. I have been approaching it in 2.5 lbs. increments. I finally hit it today, now that my muscular endurance is pretty much peaked I will switch to the lower rep "Bench Press Cure" program by Tate. Ready to smash some long standing PRs.

DB Chest Press
100x9
85x11
75x11

DB Skull Crushers
45x8
40x7
35x8

DB Flyes
55x12
45x15

Finished off with some push ups on my fists.

Waiting for my body to calm down a bit before I assess how my recently injured back feels after this workout.

Finished off with some push ups on my fists.

^^ makes you hard as fcuk mate. Good effort!

Well done on the benching too bro. :)

Im a bit confused.. Why do you add more volume/isolation if you powerlift? Sorry I am not very educated in powerlifting :p

Top Bottom