Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

injury

caseran

Anyone got any advice for catching up a bicep after a three week layoff from an injury. Right now I'm just doing extra reps, lower weight of course. Anything else would help, I'm frustrated!!

1. Stick to unilateral movements that dumbbells and cables allow.
2. Always remember, WEAK SIDE RULE: never initiate a set with the strongest arm, that way when the weak arm dies first, you won't do more with the strong one thus adding to the imbalance.

3. Focus more on the "negative" portion of your reps with the weak arm. Good way to regain strength.
4. Try doing 1 &1/3 rep ranges with the weaker arm.
5. Give it time! It'll come back.

Good luck

:devil:
How long were you training before this injury? The reason I ask this is if you have a few years under your belt, your muscle memory should be kicking in and you should be back to normal in no time. The extra reps could be hurting more then helping. I mean if it wasn't a detachment, you should be fine soon. I've had casts on my arms and when it came off my arm was alot smaller and weaker then the other but within 6 weeks I was back to normal.

Top Bottom