Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Incline bench problem

Idobehigh

Okay so I usually work out with a partner when training chest but he wasn't there today I have no problem getting reps with weight but the initial start is the hardest part for me it's like my shoulders are to far back I threw 65 db up and couldn't get it past half way then I had someone help me with lift off and I got a solid 10 with no help... I am throwing the weight with my knees and everything I have seen people with the same problem. Any body have an explanation and tips on how I can push the weight for the first time? Thanks

U think u have trouble with initial lift huh? Try answering ur question after reading it for several minutes and eyes wander back to the pic EVERYTIME!

Lol the pic is very distracting especially how big her chest is lol but I hope the question made sense lol

You have weak stabilising muscles, you have always had someone help you with the initial lift. You've never really used them before and all of a sudden you want them to lift 30kg or whatever it is.

I have that to as well Everyone i know has some sort of sticking point from a stand still I normally find I stall at about where the transition from chest to tri's. is there where your sticking or at the bottom range?

More in the middle really almost my elbow and I have really bad shoulders and I used to never train with a partner Nd could never lift more than 50 by my self but I lifted 60 up no problem today but the 5 pound difference made all the difference in the world lol

My left shoulder is abit dodgy from past injury... I squeeze my shoulder blades back then go on to the bench and I don't have my arms at 90 more like 45-60 so my shoulders don't take most of the lift as my shoulders seem to dominate the lift if I don't.

More in the middle really almost my elbow and I have really bad shoulders and I used to never train with a partner Nd could never lift more than 50 by my self but I lifted 60 up no problem today but the 5 pound difference made all the difference in the world lol

Reduce the weight and stop letting your buddy help you get it up at the beginning. I can kick up the 150's on incline and bust out reps. The only time I get help is if I want to do a forced rep. I also suggest adding in bb inclines as well. This will greatly improve your incline power. Maybe do 2-3 weeks of one then switch it up. This will keep you fresh and progressing. The first thing is lower the weight and do it correctly. Whenever you hit a plateau you have to take two steps backwards in order to go one step forward. Your weakness is holding you back. You have to fix it.

Top Bottom