Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Incline Bench Press?

GLASSVOICE

First of all, I do the incline bench press at about 30% inclination. I read somewhere that that was the better angle. PLease correct me if I am wrong.

Now, my question is: I was doing dumbell incline bench presses and incline dumbell flies, and flat dumbell bench presses. At the end I felt a lot of exhaustion on my delts. I felt like I was working my pecs however I think that my delts got a better workout.

Is there anything I can do to isolate the pec muscles so that the delts do not work so much? Or is it natural?

Please advise.

Glassvoice

It's pretty much impossible to work your chest without hitting your shoulders to some extent. I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the incline, the higher the incline, the more you're working your shoulders.

gymtime said:
It's pretty much impossible to work your chest without hitting your shoulders to some extent. I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the incline, the higher the incline, the more you're working your shoulders.

Very well said.:D

It really does not matter, as long as the incline is not too high....you only need a stlight incline to shift the weight on to the upper pecs..even the first notch or clip on the bench is usually enough!

Although you get a better range of motion by using dumbells, it's much easier to cheat, thus incorporating more of the delts. Try using the incline barbell press, I find that it's much harder to cheat your chest.

Thank you guys!

I'll try the barbell at the gym tomorrow. I dont remember using the barbel for inclines. I onlu use it for flat bench. I'll give it a try and tomorow it's perfect cause I am going with a body and he can spot me to make sure I am not cheating!!! :D

GV

Top Bottom