Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm Sorry But I Think Squats with Spotters Is the Gayest Looking Exercise in the Gym

curling

Ya'll know me I am the poster that says what he thinks sorta like Howard Stern does on the radio. Sometimes what I say is funny and sometimes it pisses people off. So please take it just with a grain of salt and don't get your dandruff up afterall it is just one of my crazy notions.

Think about it. Your ass is sticking out like a sore thumb and you have the bar across your back like you are tied to some S&M machine and then you are grunting,sweating and making weird faces the whole time as you "pump" up and down. Now even worse add a guy spotter and damn it looks the gym has gone Village People on ya.

I mean think about it the guy is behind you holding your waist like doggie style and you and him are going up and down together. I mean I am over there doing my "manly" curls and I look to the right and see one guy behind another one going up and down grunting and I think what the hell? :eek:

The spotter is saying, "oh yea one more there you go buddy ah yea" and the squatter is sweating, turning red and puffing his ass off. I tell ya what no way in hell would I ever have a spotter in squats that was a guy. The spotter would have to be a girl.

And before a bunch of you big squatters start getting pissed off at me. I am not saying you are gay if you do squats but you have to admit it is the most weird looking excercise in the gym if you have a spotter is it not?

Well I appreciate your honesty juicemonkey. But I thought the squat rack istelf is a safety mechanism while doing squats.

Welp... better than dying, you know? Unfortunately, some of us have no choice because our gyms only have SQUAT RACKS instead of POWER RACKS because the stupid smith machines and cable machines are taking up all the space.

-Warik

...but a spotter is more than just a safety net, they are there to help you squeeze past failure and get those couple of extra reps. It may be a little gay looking, and if you are bothered by it don't look and don't have a spotter.

Well so far everyone agrees it is a little gay looking. All I am saying just be careful who you have spott'n ya. Because one day you might have something kinda of hard pushing against the ole backside? And you really can't turn out and hit the guy because you have 400 plus pounds on your back.

If that happens, rack the weight and Donkey Kick him in the balls.
However, the other side is if you have a female spotter and she is rubbing her breasts up and down you back..could be worth doing some high reps that day...:D

Strider you've accomplished what no other has...after what you just described about the chick with her boobs rubbing against my back makes me want to do squats. LOL :D

curling said:
Well I appreciate your honesty juicemonkey. But I thought the squat rack istelf is a safety mechanism while doing squats.

Not if you fall backwards or forward. While u worry about looking gay in the gym, i'll worry about doin things right.

stupid topic if ya ask me.

Donkey calve raises with a heavy dude on your back wearing spandex shorts looks damn funny too....

Ofcoarse I would trade him gladly for 2 ladies to equal the same weight
;)

Top Bottom