Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm new!

Tangledtempest

Hey ladies. I am new here and hoping that you can give me some advice/guidance. I have been working out pretty hard for the better part of 10 years and have always been in excellent shape. I have always been very strong with very little body fat - last check in 2001 it was 7%. I am now 29 years old with a 3 year old and a 9 month old baby and I just can't lose the baby fat and I can't tone at all! I need to shed this 10lbs or so of flab and tone some more but all of my efforts (things that used to work for me) are not working. My thighs and belly are in horrid shape...:(

I am 5'3 and 135ish. At my best I was 115 or so with lots of definition and tone. My husband is a heavy lifter and is forever cycling on and off one thing or another (don't worry, he's got a doctor and all that jazz) and he wants me to take the win tab things that you put under your tongue. No idea of the actual name of these things, sorry.

I work out 5 times per week - anywhere from 30 mins to an hour per session. M/W/F mornings I do a high intensity cardio kickboxing/step class at the gym because I am lazy and hate cardio. Every day, I do resistance training with some pilates, also I do 12lb free weights for upper body - chest, back, triceps, biceps, and lats. I use these for walking lunges, squats, and other various lower body workouts. What else can I do? I work full-time and have 2 small children. I need time for them as well.

We have a very healthy lifestyle at home, I think. I drink about half my body weight in oz of water per day, no dairy, no chips/cookies/junk, I try to get at least 20 g of fiber per day and I am working on upping my protein. That's hard for me since I am not really big into eggs, beans, fish, or chicken. I am also trying to eat more often to keep my metabolism up as well.

What do you ladies think I am doing wrong? I *really* need to lean up by spring. I am open to any and all possibilities. If I am barking up the wrong tree in this forum, please accept my apologies. Many thanks for your time.

Anna

Tangledtempest said:
Hey ladies. I am new here and hoping that you can give me some advice/guidance. I have been working out pretty hard for the better part of 10 years and have always been in excellent shape. I have always been very strong with very little body fat - last check in 2001 it was 7%. I am now 29 years old with a 3 year old and a 9 month old baby and I just can't lose the baby fat and I can't tone at all! I need to shed this 10lbs or so of flab and tone some more but all of my efforts (things that used to work for me) are not working. My thighs and belly are in horrid shape...:(

I am 5'3 and 135ish. At my best I was 115 or so with lots of definition and tone. My husband is a heavy lifter and is forever cycling on and off one thing or another (don't worry, he's got a doctor and all that jazz) and he wants me to take the win tab things that you put under your tongue. No idea of the actual name of these things, sorry. Sublingual winstrol is the name if I understand you correctly.

I work out 5 times per week - anywhere from 30 mins to an hour per session. M/W/F mornings I do a high intensity cardio kickboxing/step class at the gym because I am lazy and hate cardio. Every day, I do resistance training with some pilates, also I do 12lb free weights for upper body - chest, back, triceps, biceps, and lats. I use these for walking lunges, squats, and other various lower body workouts. What else can I do? I work full-time and have 2 small children. I need time for them as well.

We have a very healthy lifestyle at home, I think. I drink about half my body weight in oz of water per day, no dairy, no chips/cookies/junk, I try to get at least 20 g of fiber per day and I am working on upping my protein. That's hard for me since I am not really big into eggs, beans, fish, or chicken. I am also trying to eat more often to keep my metabolism up as well.

What do you ladies think I am doing wrong? I *really* need to lean up by spring. I am open to any and all possibilities. If I am barking up the wrong tree in this forum, please accept my apologies. Many thanks for your time.

Anna

^^^^Steroids are never a good first option in order to try to lose weight and besides winstrol is more of a "cosmetic" steroid imo for those that already have low bodyfat. So that wouldnt of been my first choice anyways.

I think a good place to start with is your diet. How about you post up your diet meal by meal with time of day u eat them, include liquids, serving sizes, etc..

You're going to hear the same thing:

1. Check the stickies.

2. EXACTLY what are you eating, and when, i.e. a typical day consists of:
Meal 1@7:30 a.m.: 1/2 c. oatmeal, whites of 2 eggs.
Meal 2@9:30 a.m.: Protein Shake.
Meal 3@12:00: Salad w/greens, tuna, vinagrette
etc., etc., etc.

(ideally you should be recording your food into something like Fitday.com, which is free. That will give you total calories and breakdowns in ratios of protein/fat/carb in addition.)

In general, you need to get your diet totally nailed down before you even consider taking any kind of enhancers, and before you consider messing with your endocrine system, understand what you're doing. Never take something just because someone, no matter how much you love/trust them, says "Try this."

Short answer, men constantly forget there is a huge metabolic difference between us and them. First and foremost, AAS has side effects, and for women those can range from mild to severe forms of virilization. The intensity of those side effects is unpredictable, varying from woman to woman. The potential of irreversible things happening to your body is very real, which is a very good reason why no woman should consider fiddling about with this stuff unless she has a very, very good reason.

Secondly, you probably won't get the results you want if your body fat is too high, anyway, and you definitely won't get the results you want without pushing your intensity on the weight training very high.

Now, without even considering taking pill one, you should probably think about upping your weights, maybe working heavier three days a week with a rest day in between instead of restistance every day. If you've been working out for years you can probably go a lot higher in weights, and should definitely change up your routine. Higher intensity will dramatically enhance your results without any chemical enhancement. I'm lousy at coming up with training regimens, though, so my best suggestion is to go here and see if there is something that appeals to you (I love referring women to this site):

http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/displaysection.php?sid=26

Anyway, just some food for thought.

Hello and welcome!

We need SPECIFIC diet info.

At a quick glance it seems that you are actually over-training with too much cardio andn not enough weight resistance training. I would focus more on weight resistance training then add the cardio back in to your regimen.

Thanks so much for your replies and your suggestions. I will definitely check out the rest of the stickies. Of course, I was a moron and posted before I read some of them last night. Sorry :worried: .

My diet is pretty much the same every day.
Today:
B: apple, 1 egg white scrambled, water
L: turkey/wheat wrap with mustard, baby carrots
S: 5 nilla wafers w/natty pnut butter
D: 2 oven baked tilapia filets, 1 c. brown rice, steamed zucchini
S: 2 navel oranges

65 oz. of water today. Resistance training and weight training lower body at home. No cardio.

After reading what I ate I am thinking I didn't have enough calories? What do you guys think?

Tangledtempest said:
Thanks so much for your replies and your suggestions. I will definitely check out the rest of the stickies. Of course, I was a moron and posted before I read some of them last night. Sorry :worried: .

Today:
B: apple, 1 egg white scrambled, water
L: turkey/wheat wrap with mustard, baby carrots
D: 2 oven baked tilapia filets, 1 c. brown rice, steamed zucchini
S: 2 navel oranges

65 oz. of water today. Resistance training and weight training lower body at home. No cardio.

After reading what I ate I am thinking I didn't have enough calories? What do you guys think?
Okay, briefly, off the top of my head I rough estimated your day. You're taking in (barely) 1600 calories. The general rule of thumb is 10 to 12x your bodyweight to cut fat, so your calories are all right, it's what you're eating. About 55% of your calories are in carbs, and only 15% or so are coming from protein, that's not going to promote fat loss.

60 ounces of water, is nowhere near enough, particuarly if that's the ONLY fluid you're taking in. You need to double your water, minimally (how much? Hell, I usually drink 64 ounces before lunch, in the summer, maybe twice that).

Nilla wafers are just wasted calories and refined flour/sugar, which is just going to spike your sugar levels and peanut butter, while a good fat, is a mediocre protein source at best.

The dietary ratios you're shooting for ideally would be about 40% of your calories (in grams) coming from protein, the other 60% from your carbs and fats (usually split evenly).

The other ladies will correct me but those are some issues you want to start addressing, first.

Tangledtempest said:

Today:
B: apple, 1 egg white scrambled, water This is hardly a way to start the day hun, all of 100 calories max. How about the breakfast of champions, oats with either egg whites (or whole eggs, fat is not the big baddie everyone makes it out to be) or even a muesli (make sure it is sugar or evaporated cane juice crystal free) or shredded wheat.

Mid morning snack?

L: turkey/wheat wrap with mustard, baby carrots Whole wheat wrap? Read ingredients carefully, so many are full of rubbish. Brown rice, sweet potatoes, even little potatoes or whole wheat pastas, good quality whole wheat bread, like pumpernickel or ezekial bread.

I have no idea what nilla wafers are, but the combo of simple carbs and fat, well some think that this is the best way to trigger fat storage. My fav expression, you had might as well just slap it on your thighs now and save the time eating it.

D: 2 oven baked tilapia filets, 1 c. brown rice, steamed zucchini (great meal, just mix up the veggies)

S: 2 navel oranges You need protein with this, or eat oranges just before or after training. Not the best snack for late at night.

Hi and welcome.

It would be a good idea to work out exactly how many calories you are eating.

Dropping calories for a few days is fine, but the body adapts to lower levels of calories.

I know some think that it is only calories that count, but I quite like nutrient combining.

This means you would eat your starchier and simple carbs earlier in the day (with protein) and fibrous carbs like veggies, with protein and fat, later in the day, so for example, a salad with seeds and a bit of olive oil with grilled fish, or steamed brocolli with some olive oil dressing.

Also you haven't mentioned pre or post workout nutrition, when are you training in all of this?

Top Bottom