Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm developing an attitude @ the gym

You said it ladies, just making a point I think certain types of worship like behavior could be misconstrude as obsessive, like checking ones self in the mirror incessantly.
I mean no offence by my comments I have the upmost respect for everbody on here.
And that's all there is to be said.

Later Cutie

Phem-
I don't mean to take any credit away from you, you did work hard and look great, but you forgot to mention that you are on a cycle. You have a little help in order for you to press 45's. For most girls it would take a lot of time in the gym to be able to get up to that weight. I have been training for 2 years and I lift and train as hard as I can push myself, with the help of my boyfriend, and I am only pressing 35's. So, give us natural girls a little slack.

brwnidgrl said:
Phem-
I don't mean to take any credit away from you, you did work hard and look great, but you forgot to mention that you are on a cycle. You have a little help in order for you to press 45's. For most girls it would take a lot of time in the gym to be able to get up to that weight. I have been training for 2 years and I lift and train as hard as I can push myself, with the help of my boyfriend, and I am only pressing 35's. So, give us natural girls a little slack.

i was pressing 40's pre cycle... 45's with a spot... now i do 45's for reps... (but my shoulder has been acting up on and off through my cycle so i don't risk trying to go higher although i probably could)

and i have the utmost respect for any girl who pushes themselves but come on, most of these girls' purses weigh more than the weights they use in the gym!!!!

Re

I look as well to when Im lifting.
I was basically saying I have seen chicks fix makup..... and look around to see who is looking at them.
I just hope they realize how shallow and obvious this behavior really is.

Cutie

OK i agree with that. I have seen some girls press 10's while looking at the guy to her right to see if he is looking at her. I took your comment to mean that girls that weren't pressing the amount of weight you were, were weak. That is not really what you said, but I took offense. Maybe I'm a tad emotional today! Sorry.

Re Phem

Phem,

Im sorry what does this mean?

but come on, most of these girls' purses weigh more than the weights they use in the gym!!!!

You wrote that and I was wondering what you meant by this??

Thanks
Cutie

I haven't quite come to the point where I am 'comfortable' with my new physique...

There are NO females as muscular as me that go to my gym around the same time....so I usually feel like I am on display. I wear running shorts and a 'bra top' so I'm not exactly naked, but the guys stare and make comments to each other and I HATE IT.

Doesn't help that I am anti-social and I would be happy to never have anyone talk to me EVER.

PLUS, I am now better built than the female trainer that works the evening shift when I am there and she is NOT friendly to me at all...I'm so uncomfortable around her.

I have a feeling that she knows what’s up - as far as supplements go - and she probably feels like I'm a 'cheater' and is a little (a lot) jealous of my amazing progress.

I tend to keep a low profile. I feel vain flexing and stuff...(I have some serious body image issues anyway)

BUT F 'EM ALL - CAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT?? I LOOK GOOOOOOOD!!!:D

Oh, i'm just saying that many (most in my gym, its in a mall and 65-70% of the girls who work out there are what i call "mall-girls") aren't really challanging themselves... most of them have purses that weigh more than some of the weights they lift (they curl the 5lb weights and lift their purse filled with 15lbs of hairspray, mouse, makeup, etc etc etc...

there are girls in my gym that are envious of me (not to sound conceited, but i guess thats about the only way that can sound) and they see what i've done to get there and yet they just keep giving me dirty looks and whatnot while lifting their pink weights... i guess that cannot come out sounding good in any way, but its how i feel...

i don't get it... if i see someone who has a body that i envy, i don't give them dirty looks, i go up and ask them questions, or i get in there and work harder... but to each their own i guess i try to ignore it, but sometimes it gets to me... especially when they make off the cuff comments to me like "oh if all i did all day was work out i'd look like you too" or "well i just don't have the genetics to look like that" - i work full time (at a desk job... long hours), and i have what i consider to be pretty cruddy genetics... there are no excuses for not putting in the work... either you do or you don't and that's the difference...

Top Bottom