Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you only had 4 compound exercises to choose...

NEO1

What would they be? Im putting together a work out for myself and the only day Im confused about is my "mass day". I am considering squats, bench (d.b), dead's and upright row's. These are all 4x6. Any other comments or suggestions?

Bench, Squat, Deadlifts, and Shoulder Press

(add chins, rows, pullovers and powercleans and you can pretty much forget about doing anything else)

Squat, Squat, Deads and Bench

I wouldn't hit shoulders heavy on a bench day since they are already fatigued from benching

Squat, Bench, Dead, and Bent Over Barbell Row. These should be the cornerstone to any workout routine. If you are progressing with these you are more than likely growing.

Easy.

Squats, deads, bench and BB rows.

They are really the only compound excercises there are (the rest are additions to these movements, or iterations of angles thereof.)

Flies, curls, tricep pulldowns and everything else are not compound excercises. So, do I get to do those too? :)

BUT! Holy shit bro, you DO NOT want to bench, dead and squat in the same day. It's too much work. Do compounds with isolations every day, One day is squat, then benchm then back, then deads or something like that. You'll get better mass and strength that way anyways.

SouthernLord said:
Squat, Bench, Dead, and Bent Over Barbell Row. These should be the cornerstone to any workout routine. If you are progressing with these you are more than likely growing.

Word. That's what I do. I'll do chins as well on deadlift and BB row day.

Top Bottom