Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If anyone needs a ful CPA review course from Becker...

homeboy here is a real accountant. Past education=sunk cost.........eh SD??....:lmao:

So you're law enforcement job must be paying as well or better.....what is that, a good opportunity cost differential??....lmao again.

Actually, the accounting degree works in your favor for higher up LE positions. Especially feds. The FBI loves accounting degrees.

Sucks to hear you hated your jobs. Were you finance or managerial?

all of life up until the present=sunk cost lol. I was tax. Believe it or not the cop jobs around here pay the same as the accounting job i lost a couple months ago, and benefits for just a city cop > accountant job for one horse private firm. I will actually get paid for OT, education pay for bachelors and masters, get regular raises (gotta just "hope" for a raise at small accntg firms), and full pension after 20, try getting that at a tiny private firm. And I get to go around being a dick in texas law enforcement, which is hard to do in the button down accounting world lol. Plus I just hate being at a desk 10 hours a day, too bad i didnt figure this out sooner but oh well, its not like im walking away from a 10 year career. And nobody ever regretted getting a solid education and I dont either.
Ive applied to FBI, ICE, US Marshals but those are so hard to get into because of the nature of the places and the huge national applicant pools. Plus Im not a spring chicken anymore and those agencies have age cutoff much sooner than other LE agencies. But I can count on becoming a city cop and going from there. Its not like it used to be where they hire nothing but bubbas, a lot of agencies require college degrees even. There are good agencies in central texas to work for that really back their cops and are pro LE (except Austin of course).

how old are you?

all of life up until the present=sunk cost lol. I was tax. Believe it or not the cop jobs around here pay the same as the accounting job i lost a couple months ago, and benefits for just a city cop > accountant job for one horse private firm. I will actually get paid for OT, education pay for bachelors and masters, get regular raises (gotta just "hope" for a raise at small accntg firms), and full pension after 20, try getting that at a tiny private firm. And I get to go around being a dick in texas law enforcement, which is hard to do in the button down accounting world lol. Plus I just hate being at a desk 10 hours a day, too bad i didnt figure this out sooner but oh well, its not like im walking away from a 10 year career. And nobody ever regretted getting a solid education and I dont either.
Ive applied to FBI, ICE, US Marshals but those are so hard to get into because of the nature of the places and the huge national applicant pools. Plus Im not a spring chicken anymore and those agencies have age cutoff much sooner than other LE agencies. But I can count on becoming a city cop and going from there. Its not like it used to be where they hire nothing but bubbas, a lot of agencies require college degrees even. There are good agencies in central texas to work for that really back their cops and are pro LE (except Austin of course).

wow....that fuckin sucks lol.

I mean, its great to do what makes you happy in the end and the education won't hurt you...

but i don't see how this surprised you about that field. Accounting is boring as hell unless you really love number crunching. Something you could have seen coming a long time ago

I mean, its great to do what makes you happy in the end and the education won't hurt you...

but i don't see how this surprised you about that field. Accounting is boring as hell unless you really love number crunching. Something you could have seen coming a long time ago

it can be a little exciting. . .when you're an expert. . .sitting on the witness stand. . .with a microphone in front of your face. . .answering questions about what you do for a living. . .trying not to get discredited by opposing counsel. . .all the while, billing $250 and hour.

i don't need to jump off a bridge for excitement. . .i have though :lmao:

My goal was getting a BBA and Masters. Yea I knew the typical accounting job was a cubicle/spreadsheet jockey but I didnt know that sort of environment wasnt for me since Ive never done anything like that before. Its not the actual subject of accounting that sucks its being confined to a cube and burying my nose on paperwork and a computer screen all day. College Accounting and a accounting job are very different. I actually love tutoring accounting and might do that the rest of the summer for extra cash. I still dont have any regrets or wish I would have gotten a different degree because the education I have is still solid no matter what I do. And believe it or not law enforcement agencies prefer applicants to have degrees other than CJ.
I know this concept seems foreign to some, but I refuse to live a life doing something I dont want to do and I dont think there is any duty or obligation to stay in any field just because you have a degree in that field. Nor do I think its ok to stay at a job thats going nowhere simply out of convenience or fear of making a change. I left a job of 8 years to go back to make a big change and went back to school. Now Im making another change. If you arent happy in life or doing what makes you happy then whats the damn point lol?

i told you about a couple of my frineds from college that went to work for the bureau, right? the fbi hires more accountants than any accounting firm. . .lots of white collar crime. . .lots of "follow the money". . .keep working on that. they've been at it for a while. . .they've done all kinds of fun and intersting stuff. . .and, in 6 years or so, they'll both be retiring. . .and i'll still be sitting here at 2am :)

plus, everywhere they go, business or pleasure, they and their families get to fly for free AND they carry their weapon (air marshalls).

i told you about a couple of my frineds from college that went to work for the bureau, right? the fbi hires more accountants than any accounting firm. . .lots of white collar crime. . .lots of "follow the money". . .keep working on that. they've been at it for a while. . .they've done all kinds of fun and intersting stuff. . .and, in 6 years or so, they'll both be retiring. . .and i'll still be sitting here at 2am :)

plus, everywhere they go, business or pleasure, they and their families get to fly for free AND they carry their weapon (air marshalls).

This is what Im talking about, this shit is interesting and fun.

lol! bro i can't imagine how hard getting a masters in accounting would be.
i was a accting major for my freshman yr in college, fuggin suck.
what about working for the border patrol?

lol! bro i can't imagine how hard getting a masters in accounting would be.
i was a accting major for my freshman yr in college, fuggin suck.
what about working for the border patrol?

border patrol would be great except it requires moving to teh border lol

Top Bottom