Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If anyone needs a ful CPA review course from Becker...

More power to ya BRA! Do that shit up....working for the government has always been key.

Who offers a pension anymore beside the gov? And that shit will pay off your loans (plus what your making presently for the job) ten fold.

Curious though, how'd ya get canned? Were you just not giving a shit, not trying, just showing up or was there some BS politics going on?

When someone pays $100K for a liberal arts or history PhD

Unless one went to HYPS or has a close personal/family connection, that's pretty much not going to happen.

I don't know about the FBI, but I've read about the CIA apps and those applying. Apparently, it takes like 2-3 years to get through the app process; and I don't think non-CPA BS/MS accounting is one of their 7-or-so "desirable criteria". Sounds like Digi knows more about this, though.

You should always follow your interests (and heart) in life. The masses who blindly follow the straight, downtrodden roads only wish they had the fortitude to forge their own crooked paths through life (blatant Blake reference there :D).

Think on the bright side: With the collapse of the financial sector, many people carrying six-figure debts from T10 MBA programs who had recently entered or were poised to enter ibanking/hedge funds/Wall Street are in a much worse place. Likewise with recent law school grads incurring $200k in debt -- all the while assuming their T10 law school would guarentee them a market-paying $160k BIGLAW job as such things always had in the past -- now find themselves fighting over the only job scraps remaining in an(other) over-saturated field; and to top it all off, federally-backed student loans aren't even dischargable in BK.

Your skills in accounting are desirable and leave you with some exit options, even if you absolutely hated the work. Not everyone is so lucky with their education and career choices.

Always do what is more important to you.
Live by your own priorities.
Critique, learn, succeed.

:cow:

More power to ya BRA! Do that shit up....working for the government has always been key.

Who offers a pension anymore beside the gov? And that shit will pay off your loans (plus what your making presently for the job) ten fold.

Curious though, how'd ya get canned? Were you just not giving a shit, not trying, just showing up or was there some BS politics going on?

the firm had more work than theyve ever had and i wasnt making turn around fast enough, never been through a busy season so lacked experience, had to do both tax and attest so a lot of switching gears, mistakes were made, blah blah. They also mentioned another staff person that was there for years and knew the clients really well probably not lasting much longer due to Crohns, so they said they cant wait for her to go before having someone in her place with the required experience etc. Cant really blame them but cant say i saw it coming either given my experience level and what i thought was going to be expected. It wasnt for lack of effort, i was there at 7am everyday, worked the 60-65 hour weeks and did my best, oh well its not for everyone as the saying goes.

border patrol would be great except it requires moving to teh border lol

outside el paso wouldn't be that terrible.
better than broke in austin proly.
and you should look at the different gov agencies, like forest
service, blm, blahbahabhahb.
sheetloads of em
usajobs.com
avuedigital.com

Top Bottom