Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

IcePrincess Journal

iceprincess said:
HAAA - You caught me! I was REALLY busy at work and then I wasn't very hungry. BAD Combination :qt: :heart:

I am already doing better today! WHOAA

I hope so! Here I am, trying my hardest to cut, and I am eating MORE than you. What's that about, IP?! :rolleyes: :chomp:

However, I am definitely impressed with those 7 pull-ups. Great gains in strength....I'm working on getting to do one full one on my own right now!

Roonytunes said:
I hope so! Here I am, trying my hardest to cut, and I am eating MORE than you. What's that about, IP?! :rolleyes: :chomp:
LOL - I hear ya, I need to be eating A LOT more then I have the past week - grrrr :evil: I am so glad that I have people cracking the :velvett: on me, I really NEED that right now. :qt:

Roonytunes said:
However, I am definitely impressed with those 7 pull-ups. Great gains in strength....I'm working on getting to do one full one on my own right now!
Thanks, my goal is to get 10 in a row...I am ALMOST there! Best of luck to you on your pull-ups (they aren't an easy thing). I am always very impressed to see woman on this board doing them because they are quit an accomplishment!

iceprincess said:
LOL - I hear ya, I need to be eating A LOT more then I have the past week - grrrr :evil: I am so glad that I have people cracking the :velvett: on me, I really NEED that right now. :qt:

Thanks, my goal is to get 10 in a row...I am ALMOST there! Best of luck to you on your pull-ups (they aren't an easy thing). I am always very impressed to see woman on this board doing them because they are quit an accomplishment!
I haven't tried doing pull ups since I first started training in '92. You're making me wonder if I can do them anymore. Hmmmmm, I'll have to try that tonight.

I haven't tried doing pull ups since I first started training in '92. You're making me wonder if I can do them anymore. Hmmmmm, I'll have to try that tonight

Definitely try it SG and RT! I didn't think I'd be able to even squeeze out 1, and when I hit 5 I couldn't believe it. I've been doing them about twice a week now, just to see if I can get my strength up.

It's definitely an ego booster, especially when the guy who saw me do them told me how impressed he was. You'll wow everyone at the gym just by trying them. Most women are so intimidated by the equipment in there that it helps just to be the one to try it! Good luck girls! :qt:

Pull ups? OMG, I can't manage one. Tried the other night and it was rather embarrassing - glad the gym was almost empty. Need a lot of work on the upper body, LOL.

Apart from the lack of cals (tut tut), still looking good, lady. Is the 5x5 thing really working for you?

January 13
8:15 AM
5 egg whites
½ cup honeydew melon
¼ cup pineapple
½ cup oatmeal

11:15 AM
Protein Shake (1 scoop) mixed with H2O
2.2 oz Heart to Heart Cereal

2:00 PM – GYM
Worked on 1 RM
Deadlift: 180 lbs
Military: 75 lbs

3:00 PM
Protein Shake (1 scoop) mixed with creatine and ¾ cup apple juice and H2O

4:00 PM
1 grilled chicken breast
1 small baked potato
¼ cup onions
¼ cup broccoli

8:00 PM
1 grilled chicken breast
½ cup pork
¼ cup BBQ sauce
1/8 cup onions
1 slice of swiss cheese
1 oatmeal raisin cookie
(dinner was a rather interesting combo, but I was trying to make up for the lack of calories today. I really need to be up around 1600-1700 :evil: I will try to add more fat today)

Total Calories = 1480
Protein 160g (44%)
Carbs 140g (37%)
Fat 33g (20%)

I need to add in the PB I have, but still trying to figure out how to freaking mix it...all I have is plastic ware. I would REALLY like some so, I might try jabbing it with a plastic knife today and see what happens. ;)

scorpiogirl said:
I haven't tried doing pull ups since I first started training in '92. You're making me wonder if I can do them anymore. Hmmmmm, I'll have to try that tonight.

WONDERFUL!! Let me know how it went! ;)

Maybe I can start a pull-up trend with the ladies in here - how awesome would that be? :mix:

mermaid said:
Pull ups? OMG, I can't manage one. Tried the other night and it was rather embarrassing - glad the gym was almost empty. Need a lot of work on the upper body, LOL.

With a little bit of training, you too will get one! Heck, I think it is awesome that you went over and tried them, nothing to be embarrassed about there! :verygood: :elephant: :elephant:

mermaid said:
Apart from the lack of cals (tut tut), still looking good, lady. Is the 5x5 thing really working for you?

I know calories have been way low, though they were a little better today! I need to get them up so I can reach my bulking goal and can finally start cutting, so that I can TRY to reach the final outcome by the date I have set for myself!! :heart:

The 5x5 DID work very well for me I finished it up about 2 weeks ago. I learned so much and I was VERY impressed with it. I definitely plan on doing it again down the road. It worked great for both my husband and I because we were able to get A LOT of training done in such a short period of time.

:dance2: My results were as follows:

* 1 RM on bench increased from 90 to 100 lbs
* 1 RM on dead-lift increased from 165 to 180 lbs
* 1 RM on Military increased from 65 to 80 lbs
* Pull-ups increased from 2 to 8
* Squat max didn’t change, though I tested it after doing two sets (probably wasn’t the most accurate test). However, my range of motion with the same weight has increased dramatically. In other words, when I tried it a couple of months ago at 155 lbs, I didn't even get to parallel. Now, I am going well below parallel. I have probably added a good 12 inches or so to my range of motion. Also, I used to work heavy sets with 95lbs. Now I 95lbs is like a warm up!
* Weight increased from 117 – 124 lbs (with little fat gain)

So, Overall I am absolutely thrilled with it and very happy with what I have learned along the way. I am now going to test a higher volume method (which I start Monday) and see how my body handles it. After that, I will be most likely be running through the 5x5 again.

iceprincess said:

I need to add in the PB I have, but still trying to figure out how to freaking mix it...all I have is plastic ware. I would REALLY like some so, I might try jabbing it with a plastic knife today and see what happens. ;)

Hi IP! I'm trying to understand your above dilemma. If you refrigerate the PB (which you have to once you open the jar), it tends to solidify more. If the top layer is still too watery, can you try sticking a plastic spoon to the bottom of the jar or the layer below and start eating from the bottom?

Also, do you have access to nuts like walnuts, pecans or almonds? Just a quarter cup has 170cals. If not, drop me a PM and I'll be happy to send a package your way.

Thanks for posting your progress on the 5x5 and overall bulking cycle. :heart: It's really good to read a summary of your progress and learn from it. Now you have me motivated to grow strong enough for push-ups! :p

Roonytunes said:
Hi IP! I'm trying to understand your above dilemma. If you refrigerate the PB (which you have to once you open the jar), it tends to solidify more. If the top layer is still too watery, can you try sticking a plastic spoon to the bottom of the jar or the layer below and start eating from the bottom?

I finally got it handled!! I took my plastic knife and jabbed the crap out of that PB (yes, I won)! I went in to finalize the mixing with a plastic spoon and it just completely broke in half. But, it is mixed now and I have already had my serving for the day!! ;)

Roonytunes said:
Also, do you have access to nuts like walnuts, pecans or almonds? Just a quarter cup has 170cals. If not, drop me a PM and I'll be happy to send a package your way.

Yes, thanks to SG, I have some cashews, almonds and pistachios which I have been eating pretty much on a daily basis. You guys are so wonderful and so giving on here - I don't think I could ever thank you guys enough! :heart: :qt: :heart:

Roonytunes said:
Thanks for posting your progress on the 5x5 and overall bulking cycle. :heart: It's really good to read a summary of your progress and learn from it. Now you have me motivated to grow strong enough for push-ups! :p

No problem, that is what we are ALL here for, to learn from each other and try to increase our knowledge and experiences. I am thrilled to know that people are learning from mine! :verygood: Best of luck to you on your pull-ups...I will be waiting to hear your results - you go GIRL! ;)

Top Bottom