Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ibuprofen or Tylenol inhibiting muscle building or protein synthesis?

John89231

Does ibuprofen (advil) or Tylenol inhibit muscle gains in anyway? Will it effect protein synthesis so that you wont gain as much muscle? Is there any truth to this does one effect more then another? Thanks!

(J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Oct;86(10):5067-70.) 24 males to either receive ibuprofen, acetaminophen or a control after resistance excercise workout (10 - 14 sets). It showed that acetaminophen and ibuprofen had an impact on prostoglandins (in equal degree). Researchers concluded this impact on prostoglandins could have a big impact on muscle growth. One year later, these same researchers published (Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Mar;282(3):E551-6.) measuring protein synthesis after resistance workout. The study was done on 24 males who either took acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or control. Results showed that the placebo group had 75% higher protein synthesis at the skeletal muscle than the ibuprofen or acetaminophen group. These painkillers didn’t effect overall body breakdown, but did effect protein synthesis at the muscle.
Aspirin also has a effect on decreasing protein synthesis.
(source: J Biol Chem. 2007 Apr;282(14):10164-71. Epub 2007 Feb 6.)

i heard asprin is not as hepatoxic.
dam shame its nowhere near as effective.

whatever you do try not to take ibuprofen when you have a hangover, it is like pouring lemonjuice on a cut. not smart at all
the same applies mixing pain killers and oral aas.

love your liver and in return it will love you back

i dont care what those studies say im on steroids and that excludes me lol... i bet they didnt put that thought into there study....im getting a lil old and if ibprophen gets me through a tuff work out id say its productive

Does it matter if your on test? Or will it inhibit all gains that much? Is there anything you can take for pain that doesn't inhibit muscle growth?

Top Bottom