Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I want to get into a martial art but am not sure what yet..

princeshock

Alright I don't know if this belongs here, I don't know where else to talk about this though. I am a muscular guy and I haven't seriously fought anyone before. It's mainly because i try hard not to get into any fights and avoid people that look like they are looking for trouble or groups of guys that look like they are going to pick a fight with someone and try to beat the living hell out of them. I want peoples opinion on If I really should learn a martial art or something. I have 3 good friends that take Tae Kwon Do and one of them is fit guy and into bodybuilding like me and a black belt. I'm kinda the only one of my long time friends that doesn't know a martial art. Should I be taking Tae Kwon Do as soon as possible at my nearest Dojo? Whats your guys's opinion on Tae Kwon Do. I'm starting to worry about being able to fight people back and able to successfully kick there ass.

it depends bro, are you going strictly for practicality? or is this something youd like to do for fun?

it sounds like you want self defense plain and simple. for that, i would always suggest muay thai kickboxing or like cane suggested an mma program which is basically a hybrid between striking (typically muay thai) and grappling (such as judo and juijitsu.)

when i started martial arts, it was well before mma was a popular concept. i started out in muay thai and then trained in submission wrestling as well as picking up techniques from greco roman and sambo. there are also plenty of street fighting instructionals out there that can sharpen you up if you already have a solid base program. i love muay thai, so i would start there. the average joe blow trouble maker has absolutely no answer to it.

Well I don't know about just self defense. I want to be offensive too. And its something I think i want to do for fun. I don't know if thats the right word for it though.

i teach jits so I am a bit bias. however, i agree w/ crypto. Muay Thai or MMA is the place to start.

There is a saying "never wrestle a wrestler and never box a boxer". So Mauy Thai being the clear choice for boxing, and some form of ground game being the choice for wrestling, you'll be able to do both.

No offence to your friends, but outside of sport karate Tae kwon do is possibly the worst in regards to real world application. Unless your always fighting drunk idiots.

MMA workouts and training are the most fun ive had working out. From a skills point of view you want to find a good reputable school that has been training for many years. I'm currently training boxing kickboxing wrestling jiu jitsu and absolutley love it. Great cardio & confidence in the skills that i have learned and gained over the time ive been training.

MMA sounds good. And what ezekiel said about Tae Kwon Do, is it really in regards to real application one of the worst if your not fighting drunken idiots? They seem like they can kick my ass six ways from sunday because i've gotten physical with them before and i couldn't do anything really. lol

MMA sounds good. And what ezekiel said about Tae Kwon Do, is it really in regards to real application one of the worst if your not fighting drunken idiots? They seem like they can kick my ass six ways from sunday because i've gotten physical with them before and i couldn't do anything really. lol

It's true bro... tae Kwon do doesn't do any takedowns or ground work at all... They certainly aren't going to outstrike a boxer!

Have you seen any Tae Kwon Do guys in the UFC?

Top Bottom