Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
I'm not in the oil industry, but I believe bitumen is a byproduct of petroleum used to surface asphalt. So my question is: who fucking cares?

hang on a sec, per the article..."TransCanada, the giant energy firm building a pipeline from Oklahoma to the Texas coast as part of a project that would carry tar sands bitumen all the way from Canada"

sorry to have to go to 7 font on that for you there ole boy but maybe you didn't have your reading glasses on the first time you posted. I wasn't aware there were tar sands in the U.S, care to enlighten me where that is? The lady's entire objection stems from the fact that tar sands bitumen is being put across her land and if that leaks her shit is finished. I think I was reading English but I could be wrong, was that article in Canadian and I'm just reading wrong?

Wow - so an article you posted is wrong. Amazing. Obama has to give approval for the pipeline to cross into Canada. He has not. Right now the pipeline is to connect North Dakota oil to to coast.

Wow and I didn't even need big font to pwnt.

This act by the Federal government is just another egregious affront to Americans. Kelo vs. New London set the precedent, and now it's here. Private US citizens can (and will) have their land taken from them, against their will, to serve the needs of corporations. To add insult to injury, the Federal government is enacting eminent domain against her for the interests of not only a corporation, but a foreign corporation as well.

But who gives a shit, right? Americans don't give a fuck until it's happening to them. Bit by bit, our Constitutional rights are being whittled away.

Although I have no clue as to the facts of the story, I do know that Texas takes a dim view of any kind of government abuse of the citizens. I'm sure there's more to the story than is known, and I'll follow it before commenting. Pipelines of all kinds traverse private property, as there is money to be made, and Texas gets plenty of revenue from all aspects of the oil & gas industry. My in-laws signed an agreement recently for BP to install vapor recovery tanks on their ranch in Jacksboro, and there are pipleline easements all over the place. It doesn't affect the ranch for hunting and nature at all. Once in awhile a pipeline leaks, and it gets cleaned up. There's no smell, no tar pools, or any kind of damage or pollution (other than a noisy lift pump that I wish would shut up and not go HISS-POP-BANG every 20 seconds all night!!!!) But whatever the case with this story, I need to read both sides. Maybe this owner didn't own all the rights, as you can buy land with or without oil, gas, water or mineral rights, or you can buy those rights individually without buying the land. It could be that someone else owns some of those rights, and sold an easement to the Canada pipeline people without the land surface owner's blessings, or any number of other things.

Charles

Wow - so an article you posted is wrong. Amazing. Obama has to give approval for the pipeline to cross into Canada. He has not. Right now the pipeline is to connect North Dakota oil to to coast.

Wow and I didn't even need big font to pwnt.

am I typing too fast? Cause every article says it's part of the keystone project which WILL be bringing tar sands down from our northern poosy neighbors. lol

I mean this lady's whole objection was to the fact it was canadian tar sands. She literally has stated she wouldn't be too averse to it if it weren't for that fact. I think she's done her homework orly. I think someone at TC likely explicityly told her to her fact the pipe will be bringing canadian tar. She didnt' get upset about this whole thing until after she researched this type of crude. So that clearly say's this was told to her by TC in the formal documents they presented to her.

am I typing too fast? Cause every article says it's part of the keystone project which WILL be bringing tar sands down from our northern poosy neighbors. lol

I mean this lady's whole objection was to the fact it was canadian tar sands. She literally has stated she wouldn't be too averse to it if it weren't for that fact. I think she's done her homework orly. I think someone at TC likely explicityly told her to her fact the pipe will be bringing canadian tar. She didnt' get upset about this whole thing until after she researched this type of crude. So that clearly say's this was told to her by TC in the formal documents they presented to her.

That is your problem Redscam - you believe everything you read. The Keystone pipeline has Not been approved to cross the border.

That is your problem Redscam - you believe everything you read. The Keystone pipeline has Not been approved to cross the border.

"The Keystone Pipeline already exists. What doesn’t is its proposed expansion, the Keystone XL Pipeline. The existing one runs from oil sand fields in Alberta, Canada into the U.S., ending in Cushing, Oklahoma."

Ummmmm?

Top Bottom