Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I think the superior cardio question is answered without a doubt

DieHarder said:
ill post what we used to do later on. I doubt the people on this board really need to sprint 5x a week like we used to, but it will show somewhat what we used to do.
do that...it is 90% diet.....esp. for those who arent blessed with high metabolisms, like yourself........HIIT will NOT get anyone ripped.....a good diet and HIIT maybe

Tom Treutlein said:
Fuckin' relax.
No TOmmy Boy, you relax youngster.......I was just nippin this in the bud before we had 5 pages of back and fourth....never said anything to you....it's all good.....deep breath....in...out.....

ok heres an example of what we used to do back when i was actually in decent sprinting shape:
warmups- One mile slooow jog around track, then stretches, and some short plyo exercises (warmups changed on a daily basis, when it was a heavy sprinting day, we skipped doing plyos.) this is a typical week when we didnt have any competitive track meets, and once we were well conditioned (NO WAY am i advocating anyone to just jump right into what im describing)

Mondays- 12x200m sprints- done at about 75% of an all out sprint, meaning you basically go all out, but knowing that you have 11 more to go lol. after completing the sprint you walk 200m inbetween before doing the next one.

cooldown-one mile jog followed by stretching

Tuesdays- 4x400m- done at about 65% of max, long strides and working on form
cooldown- 1mile jog and stretches

Wednesdays- Plyometric drills- plyometric jumps, running the bleachers, box jumps, plyo skips, followed by 10 50-100m sprints
cooldown (same as always)

Thursdays- 8 200m sprints, done ALL OUT, walk 400m inbetween then cooldown

Fridays- 3 mile run- done at reasonable pace, basically after a day of all out 200m sprints, you need to relax a little

Saturdays- event work: ex. i high jumped and hurdled, so i would work on hurdling drills and high jumping drills, nothing to hard, followed by 50m sprints where you basically just leg it out, long strides and keeping good running form

Sundays-Off

now i think if you ran 4 200m sprints 3x a week prior to training with a clean diet you can get shredded. and believe me, i havent sprinted in more than 2 years and i just got back from doing sprints, and by #4 i was dizzy, felt like my heart was gonna pop out of my chest, and could barely finish.

Four 200m sprints 3x a week sounds nice. I wonder how much it would effect someone trying to bulk at the same time.

Dieharder, since you were on track and advocate sprinting (as I do), what would you recommend someone do while bulking to try and increase explosiveness/speed and stay in good cardiovascular health? Sprints twice a week and a 20 minute jog once a week, possibly? My long term goals, aside from size and strength, would be something related to fighting. Probably thaiboxing, so I'd need a descent amount of stamina as well as speed and explosiveness.

Tom Treutlein said:
Four 200m sprints 3x a week sounds nice. I wonder how much it would effect someone trying to bulk at the same time.

Dieharder, since you were on track and advocate sprinting (as I do), what would you recommend someone do while bulking to try and increase explosiveness/speed and stay in good cardiovascular health? Sprints twice a week and a 20 minute jog once a week, possibly? My long term goals, aside from size and strength, would be something related to fighting. Probably thaiboxing, so I'd need a descent amount of stamina as well as speed and explosiveness.
for strength/explosiveness i would ask coolcolj has he seems to be the resident expert, but i would advocate sprints 2-3x a week while "bulking" and explosive movements and plyometrics, box squats, high rep squats, shorter rest periods , and probably some more olympic lifts (which i really have no knowledge on). What i used to do during the off season was sprints eod, and plyometrics on days where i wasnt sprinting all out. Now, ill probably catch shit for saying this, but since i was more interested in short bursts and not really concerned with size while running track, i used to do 2 sets of squats to mimic the jumping motion, meaning i would cut the weight down, go deep as possible, then explode up onto my toes and hold it there for a few seconds, then back down. Try doing 15-20 reps of those!! I would then do 3 sets of 3 heavy squats.

DieHarder said:
for strength/explosiveness i would ask coolcolj has he seems to be the resident expert, but i would advocate sprints 2-3x a week while "bulking" and explosive movements and plyometrics, box squats, high rep squats, shorter rest periods , and probably some more olympic lifts (which i really have no knowledge on). What i used to do during the off season was sprints eod, and plyometrics on days where i wasnt sprinting all out. Now, ill probably catch shit for saying this, but since i was more interested in short bursts and not really concerned with size while running track, i used to do 2 sets of squats to mimic the jumping motion, meaning i would cut the weight down, go deep as possible, then explode up onto my toes and hold it there for a few seconds, then back down. Try doing 15-20 reps of those!! I would then do 3 sets of 3 heavy squats.

Great information!!

Last edited:
The premise of your statement is wrong. Sprinting is not cardio (aerobic).

A sprint is about 99% anaerobic and 1% aerobic.
A 400 is about 75% anaerobic and 25% aerobic.
A mile is about 10% anaerobic and 90% aerobic (for the top runners - for us it's even more aerobic).
A marathon is approaching zero anaerobic and approaching 100% aerobic.

I shall. I'll start with one 400m session once a week, three minute rests in between sets. Two sets at first. So, once a week, 2x400m. Eventually working up to 6-7x400m. After about a month, I'll add in a second day. That should be sufficient.

Top Bottom