Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i really love silence

Silence is seriously underrated. I don't get people who have to have a soundtrack to their lives, with background music playing all the time, or the TV blabbering away even if they're not watching it. And always have the radio or music on in their car. And they gotta have an iPod when they run or go to the gym. Fuck all that.

i used to think that i would love to live in a beach community. . .a few years back, we started going for two weeks straight, 'cause one week just wasn't enough for my ragged-out ass to really relax. . .it was probably the second year of that ritual that i realized something about the beach. . .THE GAWDDAMN WIND NEVER QUITS BLOWING!!!. . .there's just a constant hum in your ears anytime you're outside. . .for someone that grew up in the mountains like me, it's really quite maddening. . .my parents' house sits back in the woods quite a ways, and on a warm august night, when the peepers are taking a hiatus, sitting on their back deck, you can literally hear a pin drop. . .and there's no damn street lights either. . .so it's black. . .and silent. . .that's a beautiful thing once in a while. . .sometimes we'll take the kids down there and stay over on a saturday night so that, after we put them to bed, we can just sit outside and enjoy the the warm silence. . .and a cold beer. . .

mine aren't. . .i awoke this morning after 4 hours of sleep (for the 8th out of the last 10 days) to the sound of my 3 y/o son giggling hysterically because his 8 y/o sisters had him pinned down and were tickling him. . .right outside the bedroom door. . .children's laughter. . .most beautiful sound in the world :)

someday. . .someday way too soon. . .i won't have that anymore. . .so i enjoy it every chance i get. . .which. . .this time of year, ain't often.

mine got up early, drove his girlfriend (living in our guest room) to work, came home, and went back to sleep until it was time for him to go to work. My other one slept till noon, and has been reading all day. my daughter was outside for most of the day so far.

Top Bottom