Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i Need Deadlift help

Deciever

ok, i've been getting really frustrated lately. with my deadlift, my best is 275x3, and igot that really easily, but the thing is, ever since the guy that was letting me borrow his belt left for college and took the belt, i havent been able to do as much, because the belt my gym has are all shitty... it'll be another week or two before iget a new belt similar to the one i used to use...what could i do until then to stop my deadlift from sucking?

Deadlift without the belt, or don't deadlift for a while. Unless you are really built for deadlifting, short legs and long arms, then deadlifting every week will probably be counterproductive anyway.

As far as he belt goes. Order a good one from Inzer 1-800-222-6897. They are kind of expensive but they are guaranteed forever. I have had mine for almost a year and you can hardly tell it didn't just come out of the box.

I am a very very shitty deadlifter, around 100 lbs less than my bench. So take this with a grain of salt, but it is possible to increase your deadlift without deadlifting. By strengthening the deadlift muscles without actually deadlifting, you should be able to bring up your deadlift without tearing yourself up too much.

I was just looking at an old training log, and I have brought my deadlift up by 70 lbs in the last year by deadlifting at the most twice every six weeks, and that is usually some modification like pin pulls.

Hope this helps,

B.

If your form is good don't worry about the belt. On max days i don't use a belt and do goodmornings in the 300's , just push yoiur abdominals out and stay tight.

What he said

yeah, what grimmer said. I don't use a belt a good percentage of the time. I might wear it a bit more on squats but on deadlifts I just usually go beltless or don't tighten the lever on my Inzer Lever belt. Even on rack pulls I've been known to go beltless if I feel ok. A tight belt seems to give me problems on the deadlift. That damn gut of mine gets in the way I guess.

But to be more serious I prefer "raw" lifting for most of my training. I am not a big fan of gear unless you have to wear it. I like it to be just me and the iron. It is just my opinion and in no way judging anybody elses choice. I have worn gear in the past and will do so in the future, but I think it is best to train relatively gear free until close to a meet. And right now I am in a more remedial area of my training.

we do pulls every 4 weeks, and some do them every 8 weeks,i didn't beleive it would work until i went from doing deadlifts every week to every 4th,my deads have went up big time.i rely on good mornings done all different ways.i also do (home made )rev hypers,pull thru's,etc........order yourself a good belt,....

i dont use any gear except for the belt.....i cant afford anything else ,and i dont want it... im gonna start doing heavy deads with no belt one week, next week, do lighter deads and stuff, and alternate it like that.. does that sound good?

The mann,
so if you are peaking for a meet do you still train this way? Like for a 8 or 12 week strength cycle you would only hit deads 2 or 3 times. I'm training for a meet right now on march 10th WNPF I have about 4 weeks left
here is my dead lift cylcle

week 1 = 2 sets 405 for 4 reps
same through week 4 add 20 pounds a week

then week 5-8 do two sets of doubles still adding 20 lbs a week

I should end up with like a 550 dead or some where around there

I have been focusing a little on my deadlift for a june meet and this time i have been doing good mornings one week rack pulls the next. Rack pulls a various heights. Dont really have a plan on when i will actually pull from the floor though. But when i do i hope theres some progress. But i used to pull every week and that sucked. Never cared much in training this lift. I have always cut out early on it if i didnt dead when i was training it before, i would do no lower back work at all. Last year i deadlifted in June and that was about it. So i am like you try the good mornings , and every thing but deadlifting. Rev hypers, regular hypers Then maybe pull once every 6 weeks or so. And hopefully be pleasantly surprised!

cheesepuss,i'm also training my deads and squats for a future meet so i hve been paying close attention to what works forme or doesn't work,dude,i have been training this way and my deads have improved alot.the only change might be for someone to pull the last couple weks to practice form but i went from doing them every week to every 4 weeks and have gotten stronger.i also do like powerlifterjay,rack pulls and do good mornings .do them off pins,do them with chains .try it ,......you will be surprised......

Top Bottom