Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need a bulking routine please!!!

BurrBurr

Hi guys with all my workouts for all my body im currently doing 5 sets of 10 reps per exercise, and 4 exercises per body part if that makes sense to you guys. Is this a bad set/rep range for bulking for me??

Day 1: Biceps + Legs + Abs
Day 2: Triceps + Chest
Day 3: Shoulders + Back + Abs
Day 4: Biceps + Legs
Day 5: Triceps + Chest + Abs
Day 6: Shoulders + Back
Day 7: Rest

Hi guys with all my workouts for all my body im currently doing 5 sets of 10 reps per exercise, and 4 exercises per body part if that makes sense to you guys. Is this a bad set/rep range for bulking for me??

Day 1: Biceps + Legs + Abs
Day 2: Triceps + Chest
Day 3: Shoulders + Back + Abs
Day 4: Biceps + Legs
Day 5: Triceps + Chest + Abs
Day 6: Shoulders + Back

Well 40 sets per bodypart per week is probably too much volume if you're natural. 10 reps is fine for bulking, of course there are a lot of variables, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Way way way too much training for bulking bro. Why not go to a 5x5 3 days per week.

Hi. Definitely too much volume of exercises.

My golden rules for "bulking", hope you don't mind.....

1. Diet is most crucial for me, eat good foods, don't go mad, small regular and good protein intake.

2. Rest, rest and more rest. Listen to your body. You know when you need too.

3. Train hard, lift heavy, but always good technique and form is needed. If you start to lose form, too heavy.

I dont go crazy about what exercises I do, mix it up a little and work muscles to failure and through full ranges. Find out what works for you!

4. I know when I trained hard when, 1) I cannot take my clothes off, 2) cannot drive the car after good upper body session and 3) after heavy - squats walking is a bitch, especially don't stairs.

5. If you ain't feeling sick after a workout, not trained hard enough.

6. Good training partner is a must.

7. Don't be a twat in the gym, be respectful to others. I really hate when people are rude, inconsiderate and generally don't follow good technique and form. As a physio, only leads to injuries.

What does everyone else think ?! Ok rule 7 aint a bulking one but everyone should follow it in my book.

Thank you all for your help. My new routine consists of 4-5 exercises per body part doing 5 sets of 10 per exercise. SLOW CONTROLLED MOVEMENTS, with 1 minute exactly between next set.

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Biceps
Day 3: Legs
Day 4: Shoulders
Day 5: Triceps
Day 6: Back
THAN REPEAT

On reflection of my previous comments, I thought to myself that my rules are not too helpful and in a way subjective to myself.

I think this web link is a good, discusses hypertrophy and may help you to think of your training programme and how it could be adapted. Though i do like some of your comments.

If you need some advice please free to mail me, my doctorate study uses many of the principles within.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/locked_and_loaded

Still say thats too much to bulk on.
Working out 6 days a week.....well you could bulk on that but bro you would have to eat non stop when your outside the gym.
Im telling you bro check out the SL 5x5. You wont go wrong.
5x10 too much volume for bulking.....

Top Bottom