Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i know it's been asked, but please help out

young guns

alright i know the first thing people are gonna say is to use the search, but i've read all the posts before, and i can't remember what the majority suggested. so:
any problem with combining glutamine and protein or glutamine and creatine, or all 3? some say yes some say no.
so i wanna hear your opinions, and if you know of any studies that back them up feel free to direct me to them.

thanks. i've just heard so many talk about glutamine competing with other aminos for absorption, so it shouldn't be combined with protein unless it was peptides.

Well - as far as glutamine competing for absorption with other free form aminos - that's actually true - but it doesn't make sense to me that it's utilization by the body would be decreased to any significant degree....so I really wouldn't worry about that...

But If you ARE really worried about it - just take an additional serving of glutamine on an empty stomach at some other point in the day (and by empty stomach ---> I mean twenty-five to thirty mintues on either side of a meal).

The first thing you should take after your workout is creatine with carbs so you get the quick insulin surge. Wait a few minutes (5-10) before taking the protein and glutamine. It is strongly recommended to take glutamine anytime you're taking creatine because your body is pushing itself harder so you need it for the recovery.

Glutamine does compete with other aminos for absorption, but this is only for the GH release. Stryc-9 was right, if you want the GH release, you have to take it on an empty stomach.

So, to sum it up, no problems with interacting these 3 supps. In fact they should be the foundation of your supplements.:)

alright thanks alot guys.
as far as taking the glutamine on an empty stomach, i was doin that about 30 minutes before workout.
or should i take it earlier on in the day to space it out some from the second dose?

and my dosage will probably be 5 grams a serving twice a day, but i may up it to 10 g post workout

Top Bottom