Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have skinny wrists, need Help!!

Deepsquat said:

I have to disagree here...if you continue to use straps on all but uyour top set ...you will continue to have weak wrists! ...I have never had to stop a set of deatlifts (most grip intensive exersice there is ) because I lost my grip....hell maybe my deadlift sucks :)
today did 405x8 no straps.

Well, like everything there are excepts on what to use and not to use the grips for. Use them for Back exercises when using heavy weight. I haven't ever had to use straps for alot of exercises. But I do use them for some of my back exercises. Even then I only use them when my writst are starting to give. But they are a good tool if you are concentrating too much on you gripping something rather concentrating on the movement of the muscle targeted.

barnes3

barnes3 said:

Well, like everything there are excepts on what to use and not to use the grips for. Use them for Back exercises when using heavy weight. I haven't ever had to use straps for alot of exercises. But I do use them for some of my back exercises. Even then I only use them when my writst are starting to give. But they are a good tool if you are concentrating too much on you gripping something rather concentrating on the movement of the muscle targeted.

barnes3

There was some good advice given here w while ago on using straps. Use them if you HAVE to when going heavy. But during warmups, DON'T use them. Eventually, you will get to the point you don't have to use them at all. I was going to start using them on deadlifts when my grip starting having trouble. Instead, I started forearm work three times a week, and that really helped.
I currently use for one lift. Power shrugs. I can hold the weight I am using, but not when I jump up and the weight drops.

Joker

Top Bottom