Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have skinny wrists, need Help!!

greenday

I have skinny wrists, what can I do to increase the size and strength, any specific exercises or techniques. I'm sure other people have this problem too, any help is welcome, and Legit Karma may be given. Thanks

captians of crush ...do a search on yAHOO! tough ass grippers....trainer takes 90 lbs to close ...#1 140 ..#2 190 ...UP to #4 only 1 man has closed it !

also a homemade wrist roller works great ...3 feet of rope tied to a stick and the other end to a weight ...roll it up and rool it down..

size has to do with your bones........

you can increase strength but not really size that i know of.......

if you do figure out a way to make your bones bigger let me know.

i have 6.75 around wrist.

great for bodybuilding....... bad for lifting heavy weights.

X

the point is he feels his wrists look thin...therfore building the forarm will help create an illusion of thicker wrist forarm combo...
And yes over the years my wrists have gotten thicker ..THE TENDON THAT RUNS ALONG THE BONE ON THE (sorry) pinky side of wrist is now about as big around as my index finger.

Will wrist curls/reverse curls increase wrist strength as well as forearm muscle? My overall grip seems to be a bottleneck for me doing wide-grip pullups and lat pulls. My hands and wrists give before my back is fatigued. I have little hands. :)

Naxis said:
Will wrist curls/reverse curls increase wrist strength as well as forearm muscle? My overall grip seems to be a bottleneck for me doing wide-grip pullups and lat pulls. My hands and wrists give before my back is fatigued. I have little hands. :)

Go buy a pair of wraps/hooks that you can use to grip the bar better. I have small/weak wrists/grip and I use those to pull the weight even after my grip gives away. Lots of companies make them.

barnes3

Hand strength = Grippers (all kinds out there)
Forearm strength = Wrist roll ups with a plate, a straight handle and a rope.

barnes3 said:

Go buy a pair of wraps/hooks that you can use to grip the bar better. I have small/weak wrists/grip and I use those to pull the weight even after my grip gives away. Lots of companies make them.

barnes3
I have to disagree here...if you continue to use straps on all but uyour top set ...you will continue to have weak wrists! ...I have never had to stop a set of deatlifts (most grip intensive exersice there is ) because I lost my grip....hell maybe my deadlift sucks :)
today did 405x8 no straps.

Naxis said:

Timed DB and/or BB holds. These have helped my grip immensely. That, and doing my workouts without straps as much as I can.

I too am cursed with small hands.

Joker

Top Bottom