Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have been doing weighted dips for a while...

ccc

and am able to hang an 80 lb DB around my waist for 8-10 reps no problem. Well, today at the gym I got totally in the zone and Increased in incriments of 10lbs. I was doing 3-5 reps until I reached 130lbs for one rep. My goal now is to work my way up to doing 6 reps with my bodyweight (170) by this summer. That is the goal anyways. You cant believe the pump. Awesome. I love breaking old barriers.

I do weighted dips also. Tell me, how do you use dumbbells for this? I use the weighted dip belt and the only way I've used it was with plates. Just wondering how you attach the dumbbell to the chain. (I'm up to 70 lbs for 3 sets/5 reps each :D )

i use DB's too! I hold the DB's in place with my ankles and bend my knees up so there locked...works well..

Better to use a belt tho..

frorider6 said:
I do weighted dips also. Tell me, how do you use dumbbells for this? I use the weighted dip belt and the only way I've used it was with plates. Just wondering how you attach the dumbbell to the chain. (I'm up to 70 lbs for 3 sets/5 reps each :D )
At my gym, they have a dip belt that has a long chain. I wrap the chain through the loop, and then wrap the chain around the head of the DB. Then hop on the dip station. Balance, lean forward a bit and begin. I dont use my feet or anything, I want dead weight. Nothing to it :D

ccc said:

At my gym, they have a dip belt that has a long chain. I wrap the chain through the loop, and then wrap the chain around the head of the DB. Then hop on the dip station. Balance, lean forward a bit and begin. I dont use my feet or anything, I want dead weight. Nothing to it :D

Gotcha. I put the chain through the hole in the plate first, then hook it to the loop. My hips keep the weight belt from sliding off. I guess your way cinches the belt tight from the weight of the dumbbell.

Maybe I'll try it that way. It's tough enough trying to get the chain through a 45 and a 25 and then hooking it to the loop. It's going to be much tougher trying to add 5 pounds of so. I don't think I could juggle 3 plate of various sizes.

ccc said:
and am able to hang an 80 lb DB around my waist for 8-10 reps no problem. Well, today at the gym I got totally in the zone and Increased in incriments of 10lbs. I was doing 3-5 reps until I reached 130lbs for one rep. My goal now is to work my way up to doing 6 reps with my bodyweight (170) by this summer. That is the goal anyways. You cant believe the pump. Awesome. I love breaking old barriers.
4 hours later my tri's are twitching like a mofo

frorider6 said:

Gotcha. I put the chain through the hole in the plate first, then hook it to the loop. My hips keep the weight belt from sliding off. I guess your way cinches the belt tight from the weight of the dumbbell.

Maybe I'll try it that way. It's tough enough trying to get the chain through a 45 and a 25 and then hooking it to the loop. It's going to be much tougher trying to add 5 pounds of so. I don't think I could juggle 3 plate of various sizes.
I do the same thing (chain through plate and then hook on belt), but I think it might be more convenient to use DBs, but I haven't figured out a good way to do this. I don't have enough room between reproductive organs and the plates when putting the chain through the loop first and then going through the plates. Maybe its just me though. :D Maybe if I used a bunch of 25 lb plates...

DaCypher said:

I do the same thing (chain through plate and then hook on belt), but I think it might be more convenient to use DBs, but I haven't figured out a good way to do this. I don't have enough room between reproductive organs and the plates when putting the chain through the loop first and then going through the plates. Maybe its just me though. :D Maybe if I used a bunch of 25 lb plates...

Just do it the way ccc has posted here. Put the chain through the other belt loop first, then wrap it around the handle of the dumbbell and hook the chain to itself. My only concern is that the dumbbell will hang down too low and limit the movement.

ccc said:

At my gym, they have a dip belt that has a long chain. I wrap the chain through the loop, and then wrap the chain around the head of the DB. Then hop on the dip station.

Our gym has a weight belt with a hooked handle meant for hanging onto dumbells.

damn thats a nice dipping amount. I got upto 60s at one point but I started getting a shooting pain in my trap area after I finished the sets but no pain during.

I had to stop for a while, just started back into them, using 55s and 50s still leaning forward and damn next day shoulders were sore as hell for got how much deltoid work is used in the pec emphasized dips.

IN SHORT LOVE DIPS, just becareful to warmup they can mess you up pretty fast.

Top Bottom