Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hurt? Need some advice

i have a ton of respect for pops but please man DO NOT USE GRIPS, DO NOT USE WRAPS, DO NOT USE GLOVES.

that is counter productive to your goals here.. they will weaken your girp strength and thats not what we want. you want to strengthen your grip strength, not weaken it.. just like how runners must have foot support when they run to prevent shin splints as a lifter you gotta have strong grip/wrist strength if you are gonna work your arms

think about it for a second and you will understand exactly why that is.

your body is telling you that you have an injury, that is the wonderful thing about being an intelligent human. now you can either beat around the bush and ignore the body or you can listen to it. the choice is yours.

i went through this same shit myself both with forearm and shin splints. for the shin splints i ran through them, i used wraps and every trick in the book. now today it still hurts when i run. for the forearm splints i allowed my body to catch up to my rapid improvement. now i have zero forearm problems

there is so much ego in the fitness community and advice thrown out to others when it comes to injuries that people give .. its easy to give someone advice when its not their own body they are talking about. everyone wants to pound away when they get injured, like its some kind of alpha male thing to do.. brett favre had so many injuries and would play through them anyway and he was viewed by everyone as 'tough' but no one ever accused him of the reality in that he was stupid. but hey when you are paid millions i guess thats worth living the rest of your life in chronic pain right? now until you are paid millions i would definately go the smart route

what you are doing here is trying to find a way to continue to pound away with no regard to your future long term health. i'm just letting you know that you won't last long as a lifter with that attitude. so really do what you want to do, just remember me telling you this.. once this problem becomes chronic you will regret your decision.

also some guys are genetically more prone to splints, i really believe this as I've researched this problem to death over the years. just like so many taller dudes have major joint elbow/knee problems.. so you might have to deal with this problem again and again. so proceed with caution

Last edited:
Appreciate the advice. I'm gonna continue to life light without the gripps. Just gonna take it easy and see where it gets me.

And I do believe I'm more pron to splints me and my buddy are both on the same exact cycle And we both do the same work outs and same weight and he has no splints.

Top Bottom