Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hunting question.

Used to hunt all the time. Deer, pheasants, duck, goose, rabbit, squirrel. Now my job has limited it to "When I can" I go now more for the camaraderie, then the hunt. Used to think it was a challenge to hunt. But after getting shot at, doesn't seem too fun when they return fire. But still will go just to be with friends. You can always go and not get a shot. No one will think you're a pussy. At least I wouldn't And don't forget the other part. Seen many a man lose it because field dressing a gut shot ain't exactly fun..............

Well put Y_Lifter.
Also I would l to point out although many don't agree, there is a reason that we are allowed to hunt. The reason is to control the population, if hunting was not allowed there would be a lot more accidents involved with people hitting them with their cars ect.
That is why from state to state there different rules that apply like the # of Deer that you are allowed to harvest.
For the past few yrs I think that Wisconsin has allowed people to harvest 3-4 because the population is so out of control.
Minnesota on the other hand due to the harsh winters in the past yrs (not considering the most recent winters) has hardly allowed any antler less permits, there were 2 seasons that they didn't allow any doe permits at all.
Taps your not being a pussy, hunting is not for everyone. I believe that some people who do hunt, do not even belong hunting.
I have heard of some people who have wounded deer and have had to sit and listen to it sort of like cry and that has ended their hunting career permenently, this has never happened to me or anyone I know.
I'd say to give it a shot, if you don't like it than you don't ever have to do it again.
In my past experiences though it was not just all about hunting it was getting everybody together and having a good time after it got dark partying.

Thanks for the input guys.

I've been thinking about hunting for a while actually. I think Iceman hit the nail on the head...if you want to eat meat, you should be have to kill the animal. I eat burgers and steak all the time, so I think I have a responsability to give it a shot (no pun intended.)

Frankly, I don't see how anyone can take pleasure in killing a deer (and I doubt most hunters do), but I agree that the hunting process sounds like a fun. Anyway, like some of you said, I probably won't even see a deer, and even if I do I'll probably let someone else take the shot.

When I head out, I'll go with an open mind. The guys I'm going with are hicks, but they know what they're doing, and they're a good bunch of guys. :)

If your out there and you have a deer in your sights, then at the last second you change your mind, just miss. shoot in front of the deer, they won't know you missed on purpose.
they will just think you suck at shooting.

Your just across the ditch from me Kitten :)

That pig was about 140lb gutted.

this one was a bit bigger ...

Top Bottom