Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hunting question.

Taps

I got invited to go hunting this fall with some friends of a friend. Now, I know how to shoot and handle a rifle and shit, but I've never killed anything.

I don't know if I'll be expected to actually shoot a deer or whatever...but I'm leery about pulling the trigger when there's a living creature in front of me. I dunno, maybe I'm just being a wuss...

So you hunters out there...what do I have to look forward to?

I'm gonna bump this fucker until someone tells me if I'm being a pussy or not. lol

Everyone is a little aprehensive before their first harvest of an animal.

It shows respect for the animal that is about to give its life.

I think it is natural and healthy----go on and give it a try, you will love it.

What makes you think that your rookie ass will even see a deer? And, if you see one you will know at that moment if you have the desire to hunt and kill.

well the best thing you can do is gone on a few hunts, and learn to clean up a deer....I personally prefer to take my time and hopefully the bladder will still be in together with piss so you can use that to spread around whatever area your hunting in

get a good sharp knife and cut very slow, once you take out all the organs then get a water hose and shove it into the cavity to wash it out a bit. then you can take to butchering it into strips...

Taps..

Don't worry about it...you'll be nervous as shit when you are about to shoot it...after i finally shot mine, i felt absolutely shitty!!!! but, after i got over it, i wanted to do it again...lol
btw...just be sure and eat the meat...

And, quit being a PUSSY!!!

It depends on you.
I myself sat for a few yrs befor I even got the chance to see a deer while I was hunting, then when I did finally see a few they were on drives and they were running so fast I didn't even really get a chance to get off a shot.
Where I hunt the deer are few and far between, and in all of my yrs of hunting I've shot one.
So if you do get the chance to harvest one take it, some of us are a lot less fortunate.

Decide BEFORE you go out that you are ready in your MIND to kill the Animal.
Hopefully on this first hunt, someone you are with will shoot one and you will see up close the Eyes open expression on the Dead animal and even a live one that may need to be finished.
This will tell you if you are able to accept the fact that you are killing this ANIMAL for meat and you don't suffer the BAMBI KILLER syndrome.

You will probably not even see a deer, and if you do it will likely only be for a brief moment.
You won't have time to sit there and think about it when and if one is seen.

Only Still hunters from tree stands get more than a few seconds to Verify, Aim, and Shoot before the animal bolts off running.

I gave up hunting years ago due to guilt from my wife but that was bearable. Then my daughter came along and I got sick of hearing it.
Also no one in the family except me ate Venison, and I could not give it away to friends so I felt "why shoot it and waste it"?

Top Bottom