Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hows this for luck, the day after i lose my job i find $1000 cash in an envelope LOLO

Re: Hows this for luck, the day after i lose my job i find $1000 cash in an envelope

Someone could be thinking of killing themselves right now because they lost the last few bucks they had. Especially with the condition the economy is in.

There is no honor stealing money like that.

If I had a dime for every time I went out of my way just to *do the right thing* LOL I wouldn't have to worry about making enough to feed all the lawyers.

1. Like the time when my baby was bout 18 mos or so a trip to the Sears to get their photo together, because they were good girls we went to the mall for a reward. The four of them shared an ice cream and then we went to a few stores they enjoyed. I turned my head to look at some items and BAM - THE BABY IS MISSING! Luckily, she only wandered into the store right next door, was only gone for like 3 minutes maybe, if that but I can tell you it was THE LONGEST 3 minutes of my life. So I get all four kids to the car, (ya'll can't imagine the frantic mess I was) so I go to put the baby into her carseat (she was always the first one out and the last one in) and I see that she or one of her sisters had put a stuffed animal into the stroller. We left the store in such a frenzy (I was just happy to get my baby back) that I didn't notice. My older girls all saw the toy that we didn't pay for. "Mami, that is stealing!" So I had to get them all out of their car seats and walk through the parking lot and mall to get back to the store and put the toy back, then back through the mall and all four back into their carseats, I was still shaking...

It was THE RIGHT THING to do.

2. I had very little money while I lived in Paris and I had walked out of a Staples after having posters made for the exhibition of my artwork. Well I get to the bar where I was working and after looking into my wallet I realize that the store manager who was fawning over my artwork (as were many other patrons) and going out of her way to help me (She was Canadian and very patient because I could not speak French) so I was MORTIFIED when I realized that I walked out without paying her. So I go all the way back so that she can charge me. She didn't even realize she forgot to charge me! I was right. Had I not come back the 50 or so Euro would have come out of HER PAY and she might have gotten demoted or dismissed for the careless but very honest oversight. I REALLY NEEDED that money, especially since one of my new co-workers had screwed me out of about as much tip money just days before. But I didn't need it THAT bad.

I did it because it was the right thing to do.

3. On one of my "get lost about the city" wander trips (daily when I lived in Paris) I had noticed that there was an unattended backpack at one of the metro stops. I sat and watched for many stops and no one claimed it so I picked it up and figured that eventually I would see a police station and could just drop it there and they would find the owners. Wouldn't you know it that one time I didn't run into ONE. So I opened the backpack (I felt like I was invading someone's privacy but how else was I to find the owner?) I find travel itinerary, passports and train tickets for a family - mother, father and two sons. So now I am frantic thinking that these (also Canadians) would have their dream vacation TOTALLY destroyed. I finally get a hold of the hotel where they are staying (way on the other side of the city) and the father is relieved and thrilled (good thing we both spoke english LOL) and offers to come pick it up. I say, no I have to go out and would drop it off on my way to work. So I get lost, am late for work but finally I find the hotel and the whole family is absolutely tickled pink that I am brining their belongings. The father offers me money and I, of course, refused it (even though I REALLY needed it) and said I didn't do it for pay.

I did it because it was the right thing to do.

They took a picture with me and thanked me AGAIN, said, "We hope that someday you will have something that you've lost returned to you."

I still well up with tears at the thought of that good wish.

Their name coincidentally was the same as my then name - Le Fluer which, of course, means Flowers.

Will ANY of this get me into heaven faster? Nope, because I don't believe in heaven. It just gave me the satisfaction of knowing that I DID THE RIGHT THING. :) I do believe in karma.

Re: Hows this for luck, the day after i lose my job i find $1000 cash in an envelope

in short, it was the right thing to do

lol @ the cop taking the money and playing dumb while you hang for robbery

Top Bottom